African American Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I have 4500,I really want Rhinoplasty and id like a bridge and my nostrils smaller. I've seen people with similar noses get great results. I am considering Thailand because they do a lot of rhinoplasty everyday. The price is affordable and Asians have Similar noses to African Americans. I've been in consultations in my area and all the Drs want from 7000 to 13000. It will take me another 2 year to save 3000 more dollars and that's just for the surgeon.This pic is of me smiling.to get an idea.

African American Rhinoplasty

+1

Be careful what you look for. Going out of the country may be cheaper in the short run, but having complications and not being able to be seen by your doctor because of the distance or needing a revision could be a problem.

Radix graft for bridge projection and alar base reduction to narrow the nostrils

+1

The best way to reduce the nostrils for the African American nose is alar base reduction. A radix graft is necessary for bridge projection.

Here is a link to before and after photos that show you the difference that can be achieved. This patient had both radix graft and alar base reduction.

To be sure what is right for you, see two or more board certified plastic surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation and to make sure that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty surgery in African Americans

+1

You want a surgeon that is familiar with performing rhinoplasties on African Americans. It is important for the surgeon to understand your expectations. Many African Americans want improvement in their appearance and do not want to change the ethnicity of their nose. Computer imaging may help during your consultation. You should be able to find a surgeon in your area. Travelling to Thailand is unnecessary. There are many finance companies that finance cosmetic surgery.

Michelle Hardaway, MD
Farmington Plastic Surgeon

African American Rhinoplasty

+1

It is important to do your homework and choose an experienced surgeon who has performed many rhinoplasty surgeries. Cost can vary depending on the surgeon, the complexity of your surgery, and geographic location. Price shopping is not always the best idea when you are looking to have rhinoplasty, as it is important to have the surgery performed correctly the first time to avoid future complications. It is a good idea to do the following when considering rhinoplasty:

1) Get a few opinions from rhinoplasty specialists
2) Consider the surgeon's credentials
3) Ensure the surgeon has a good amount of before and after photos showcasing their results
4) Look for great patient testimonials for the surgeon

There are many fantastic surgeons all over the world. Many offices offer finance options that allow you to finance your surgery, and could direct you toward a financing company if the financing is not available in-house. I hope this information helps, and good luck to you.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

African American Rhinoplasty?

+1

I think that you will be able to find an expert rhinoplasty surgeon to accomplish those goals in the US at a price close to one you mentioned.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

African American rhinoplasty

+1

Many of the best rhinoplasty surgeons in the world are located here in the United States. It is a really good idea  to have your procedure performed on experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does lots of noses. Our price list and photo gallery link is located below