African American Rhinoplasty Suggestions (photo)

I am an african american 30 year old female and I have always hated my nose .I have a very wide & flat nose.I am so sure I want the surgery but i really dont want to change my look drastically where as it will be noticeable to others.HELP What do I do?? How can i trust a surgeon that they wont jack up my face and Im also scared if I dont like I will have to get revision done and waste money.

African American rhinoplasty.

+2

Rhinoplasty is the African American patient should look natural and more refined and not need further work.The tip can be narrowed and the nostrils narrowed and look totally natural.

African American Rhinoplasty - Suggestions

+2

Your concerns can be tempered to a great degree by having an in depth consultation with a surgeon experienced in Rhinoplasty surgery. Typically you will have the ability to specifically outline just what bothers you and he will have the ability to thoroughly examine your nose to determine how likely it will be to satisfy your goals. The less rigid or perfectionistic you are the more likely you will be satisfied with the results. What you consider 'normal' is actually a range of potential results. You should be able to expect reasonably natural results by narrowing and defining your nose better. Get educated, see several doctors if possible and decide if you are comfortable proceeding. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell 

Web reference: http://www.westonsurgery.com

African American Rhinoplasty Suggestions

+1

The ASPS website is a good starting point to find qualified surgeons in your area. Consult with 3 or 4 board certified plastic surgeons with expertise with African American patients to understand your treatment options and find the best option for you.

African American Rhinoplasty

+1

First, I would suggest that you seek a consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon  (certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery) who performs a significant number of rhinoplasties.  Check to see if your surgeon is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and also is a member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).  Then ask to see before and after photos of African American patients who have had a rhinoplasty with this surgeon.  Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.VincentLeporeMD.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

African american nose

+1

Ask your surgeon to see 10 pictures of African American noses. You will see his style and you will see one you want. If he doesnt have 10 pictures for you to see go elsewhere.

African american rhinoplasty

+1

This is a specialized procedure that is very different from caucasian rhinoplasty.  Goals generally include narowing and  refining the nasal tip,  narrowing the nostrils and often augmentation or raising of the nasal bridge.  See a few surgeons and see some of their results.  Choose someone you feel comfortable with who has a specialization in non caucasian rhinoplasty.. 

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplasty.ca/african-american-rhinoplasty.php

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon