Discoloration After Laser Hair Removal on African American Skin

Today I had my first laser hair removal session. Tonight I noticed about 1x1 inch of discoloration on the right side of my face and about a 2x0.5 inch section on the left side of my face. Will this go away on its own or am I permanently scared? Is there something I can do to decrease the likelihood of this happening again? I have 4 more sessions; will this get worse or should I discontinue the laser removal??? After all, I do not want to create a new problem trying to fix the facial hair!

Laser hair removal on dark skin

+1

It appears that you have darkening without blistering. there is no scarring usually if there's no dermal injury. you seem to have some slight surface change with darkening, but pigment is rare to occur the same day. You probably will do well, see your doctor to make sure.