I am very afraid to have a tt. If I have high def vaser on flanks/tummy will I get good results?

+1
If you have loose skin, a tummy tuck will produce the better result.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Liposuction does not give tummy tuck results

+1
Plastic surgeons will always recommend the safest and simplest way to achieve good results based on individual needs. If there is skin laxity or if there will be after removal of fat, then a tummy tuck is the way to go. If the skin is firm and elastic then liposuction will do the trick. Just don't count on significant skin tightening with any type of lipo procedure alone - VASER, laser, or any other.

Richard Baxter, MD

Vaser liposuction will remove fat but not tightened skin as a tummy tuck will

+1
If your problem is mainly excess fat thin liposuction can give you a nice result.  However be aware that once fat is removed from beneath the skin the skin will naturally fall and sag.

If you have significant loose skin of your abdomen and have liposuction the loose skin may be more evident.

Generally speaking Vaser liposuction can give you about 25% of the skin tightening that a tummy tuck will.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

TT vs Lipo

+1
Your question cannot be answered without photos and more info.

VASER will successfully treat excess fat.  If excess skin is part of the problem, a tummy tuck will be needed unless the amount of skin excess is not bothersome. 

Doing a modest or large volume of liposuction in a patient who needs a TT can leave you looking worse that you looked before surgery.

Consult with a plastic surgeon, who would be capable of performing whichever procedure is appropriate.

Thanks for your question. All the best. 

Afraid of tummy tuck

+1
  • Vaser liposuction is fine if the problem is fat.
  • Tummy tucks remove excess skin, fat and tighten loose muscle.
  • Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for advice for what is best for you.
  • Tummy tucks are remarkably safe - 
  • If you are afraid of blood clots, this risk today can be greatly reduced with heparin/Enoxaparin/Lovenox after surgery. 
  • An operation that fixes the problem than a lesser operation that doesn't. Find out what is best for you.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

High def laser vs tt

+1
Without photos or an examination that can not be answered. TT are performed regularly and are safe and give a result that you can depend on . Most non invasive techniques or lipo will not tighten the skin to the same degree.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Lipo vs tt

+1
Without photos and a full history and examination it is impossible to give an intelligent answer to your question. I would go on consults with board certified PS in your area and get their opinion Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon