Are there any non-surgical treatments to help loose skin on your neck? (photo)

I am in my '70's. Would like to have my neck skin tightened.

Options for non surgical neck lift

We continue to feel that the Ultherapy procedure for nonsurgical neck lifts is an excellent and highly efficacious treatment for neck laxity. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Loose skin neck

Of course face lifting/neck lifting is the surgical answer, but fractional laser and chemical peels are also helpful. The (platysmal) bands in the front of the neck can be injected with Botox for temporary improvement. 

Christopher Kelly, MD
Aventura Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Neck Skin Tightening

There is no way to truly tighten the skin of the neck non-surgically. Although there are a number of technologies that claim to do this, none actually tighten the skin on a permanent basis. Therefore, I cannot endorse any of them. The only way to tighten the skin anywhere on the body, including the neck, is to remove the excess surgically. Since the excess skin of the neck comes from the face, I do not do neck lifts, but prefer to do a facelift which also corrects the neck with the same effort.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Treatment for Loose Skin

Hi Audrey, thank you for your question.  It is possible to tighten the skin on your neck and face in a non-surgical manner.  Our office performs Thermage, which is a non-invasive skin tightening treatment that is done with heated radio frequency waves. 

Thank you.

Yvonne Knight, MD
Richmond Dermatologist