I Am Afraid a Stitch Was Left in my Daughters Face from a Mole Removal. There is Now a Painful Lump. How To Tell?

My daughter had a mole removed from the side of her face and now there is a large raised (and she says painful) lump. Could that be a stitch left?

Possible stitch abscess causing painful lump after mole removal

What you are describing could be what is called a stitch or suture abscess which is a reaction caused by the placement of stitches buried beneath the surface.  It can often be drained easily.

Mole removal

This could be a suture reaction. Have the surgeon lokk at it, it may need to be opened and put on antibiotics.