I'm Afraid I May Have Moved my Breast Implant or Done Something Wrong?

I had breast augmentation 3 weeks ago. About 2 days ago I thought it would be ok to do some light weight upper body lifting(5-10 lbs) and no direct chest exercises. However, I did do some tricep dips on a bench. I am having some strain, or uncomfortable, feeling in my left breast now and under my breast is a little numb. Could I have done some damage? Or am I just being paranoid?

You are probably OK

+1

Please make an appointment with your surgeon to make sure you have done no damage. You are still recovering from the breast augmentation procedure itself. It has been only 3 weeks.  You still can feel sore and numbness is normal. It is very hard to answer your question without seeing you in person, but more likely there is nothing wrong with implant itself. Generally you can return to exercises in a bout 3 weeks after surgery

Web reference: http://drturowski.com/breast-enlargement-augmentation-chicago.html

I'm Afraid I May Have Moved my Breast Implant

+1

From the description, it sounds unlikely that any damage was done. But, it is best that you avoid upper body exercise until ok'ed by your surgeon, usually at 6 weeks. Best wishes.

Physical Activity Following Breast Augmentation

+1

It is pretty unlikely that you've done any damage to your breast augmentation following some light weight-lifting 3 weeks post-operatively.  If you continue to feel as though something might be wrong, don't hesitate to consult your plastic surgeon for some reassurance that everything is stable in your recovery.   Good luck in your continued recovery.

Web reference: http://stevenringlermd.com/breast-procedures-grand-rapids/

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Avoid strenuous physical activity after surgery

+1

It does not sound like you did much damage, but you should definitely avoid strenuous physical activity at this stage of your healing.  You are in the recovery phase, the phase when you should allow your body to heal properly.  THis is just as important as the surgery because if you are too physically active and/or don't follow your surgeon's instructions, you can damage the surgical result and it is always much more difficult if not impossible to create a good result when performing a revision surgery, than it is when doing it the first time around.

Heavy workouts after breasts augmentation

+1

I tell my patients to avid heavy exertion for about 6 weeks after surgery.  It might be a good  idea to see your doctor to make sure everything is ok.

Concerns after Breast Augmentation Surgery and Weight Lifting?

+1

Although it is not possible to give you precise advice and/or meaningful reassurance ( best done by your plastic surgeon after direct physical examination), your description does not sound too concerning. In other words, some strain, discomfort, numbness, are all quite common after breast augmentation surgery.

Again, for more precise advise/reassurance follow-up with your plastic surgeon. Consider “taking it easy” for an additional few weeks before returning to significant upper body lifting.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Weightlifting after Breast Augmentation

+1

You may need 4 to 6 weeks after breast augmentation to develop a stable scar that can withstand weightlifting exercises.

Excercise after Breast Augmentation

+1

If the appearance of your breast has not changed it is doubtful you caused any damage. I would discourage you from strenuous activity for 4 to 6 weeks post op. Your body can take this long after a surgery such as this to heal enough that you won't cause a problem. I would lay back and let things settle down before you do any further excercise. After this time frame has passed you should be safe to do most ever you can tolerate.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon