I'm afraid of going too small. Will a 475cc implant be too big? (Photo)

Hi again. I'm 5'4 230lbs and I'm a small C cup. I need a full lift and the PS I saw says 450cc is perfect. After thinking about it I'd rather be bigger then be upset I went to small. Would 475cc be to big with what I have already? Please help. Also what would the saline be filled to? Me naming how much will the "over flow" be? Thank u ;)

475 is VERY large

+2
Hi
You already have quite large breasts.  You would benefit greatly from a lift.  Have you trialled differnet sized implants under tight t-shirts with your plastic surgeon to get an idea of what size you would eventually like to be.  Also 3D software like Vectra imaging greatly aids to see what your body will look like with a lift and different sized implants.  I believe that adding 450 or 475 implants to your already large, lifted breasts will make you look huge.  I also believe that using this size of implant in combination with a lift would put greater risks to the vascularity (blood supply) of your nipple and wounds.  I also would recommend silicone over saline implants as these give the most natural feel and appearance.
Kind regards

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

475 cc breast implants and lift may not be the best option for you

+2
You have large breasts and plenty of breast tissue to create a breast mound after your breast lift.

In my opinion a 475 cc breast implant is quite large considering how must breast tissue you have.  My concern would be that a 475 cc breast implant could compress the blood supply to your nipple areola and create complications in wound healing problems after your breast lift.

Please revisit your plastic surgeon and discuss in detail the issues of using such a large implant and its effect on the blood supply to your nipple areola.

In your situation I agree with others that the best option might be to have your lift without an implant and if needed have an implant later on after 6 months.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

I would recommend no implant at this time

+2
You have large breasts and doing lift should be the main goal at this time. The safest procedure would be to do the breast lift first and implants later if needed. You may not like the idea of the lift first and implants later because of two anesthesia, two recovery and cost but you will have better results with two stages.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Size should be proportionate

+2
thanks for your question and pics. 475CC is a large implant. Looking at your picture, I agree that you would benefit from a lift and implant together. I personally would be cautious about placing such a large implant because it will cause potential stress on the lift part. Having said that, a personal consultation is necessary to properly examine you. This would included measurements that would help select an appropriate size implant that would fit on your chest. Hope this helps. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

I'm afraid of going too small. Will a 475cc implant be too big?

+2
 Thank you for the question and picture. Concerns about breast size after breast surgery are quite common. The best maneuvers you can do to ensure that you are pleased with the outcome of surgery are:  to achieve a long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with surgery. Then, select your plastic surgeon carefully. Ask to see lots of examples of their work achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with after breast augmentation/lifting surgery. Then, communicate your goals carefully. In my practice, the use of gold pictures are more helpful than the use of arbitrary terms such as “natural”, “too big”, or “C or D cup”.  Then, allow your plastic surgeon to select the size/profile/overfilling amounts necessary to achieve the outcome that you are looking for (as closely as possible). In my practice, the use of temporary intraoperative sizers with patients in the upright position allow for selection of the best breast implant size/profile/filling. I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Breast Lift with Implant

+1
You can do both at the ame time , although it is a risk.  I use #Adjustable Implants which means I put them in with lower volume, do the lift , then add more saline later at 3 months through a port under  the skin- which is then removed between 3-6 months
. This is a viable alternative to 2 stage breast lift with Implant!.

Thomas T. Jeneby, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift preferable to augmentation

+1
Unfortunately, you have not told us your bra size just your cup size.If you are 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.If you are 36 or 38 each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.From this, you can compute the volume required to achieve your desired goal.There is no significant difference between 450 cc and 475 cc implants.Both are too large, will extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision.More important than augmentation is the lift technique.I never use the traditional lift technique because it leaves ugly vertical scars, nipple numbness and the inability to breast feed.I recommend a new technique called The Ultimate Breast LiftTM.This technique reshapes your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevates them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.The upper pole fullness will give you the appearance of an implant without an implant.This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.The weight of the breast is transferred to the underlying muscle resulting in immediate pain relief.Breast lifting is preferable to augmentation in your case.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift and Augmentation

+1
You have breasts which will benefit from a lift. I would prefer that you have the breast lift first, then follow up at a later time when you are healed with the breast augmentation. You will be better able to judge size, and it is safer to have them done separately, expecially with the size of your current breasts. Implants can put stress on incisions and complicate would healing.

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

+1
Why not loss 30+ pounds first than decide even if a combination lift with larger implants is possible? I think not but only in person visits allow the final decision//.