Afraid 475cc May Be Too Big?

I'm 5'4" 135 lbs my chest wall is 32cm my ps suggested 550 - 600cc moderate profile plus silicone under muscle with lift. I opted for 475cc. I'm about 5 days til surgery but am afraid they will be to big. I'm currently a small b and don't want to be too big. My ps says prob small D. I did the rice test and that seemed pretty big to me.

Selecting implant size for breast implants

+2

I would suggest that you have another discussion with your surgeon or his staff.  You should not go into surgery with concerns about sizing.  You should clearly express your concerns to your surgeon.  If he knows exactly what you want it will be easier for him to choose the appropriate implants.

Good luck

Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Sizing for your breast augmentation

+1

If your concern is that the implant that you have chosen is too large, by all means you should discuss this with your surgeon.  It is your surgeon’s responsibility to achieve the look you are hoping for, but it is your responsibility to communicate your wishes, goals, and concerns before surgery.  One thing to remember is that once placed in your breast, the implants usually appear a bit smaller than the sizers look in a bra.
My recommendation is to see your surgeon again, and utilize sizers in a bra with and without clothes to show your surgeon the size you are looking for.  Realize that to get that size, the surgeon may use a slightly larger implant in the end, but by trying different sterile sizers during the operation, your surgeon should be able to achieve your goals and get you a result you will be thrilled with.  Communication is the key!

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Selecting Appopriate Breast Implant Size

+1

I have never understood the desire on the part of patients or physicians (especially physicians) to create unnaturally large breasts. I see 'before and after' photos at plastic surgery meetings and I almost always find myself asking the question: What's the `big' idea?

I view breast augmentation as more than a breast enhancement surgery. It is a total body contouring surgery, and the breast profile that one creates with implants should match a patient's overall figure. It should appear completely plausible that the breasts have not been surgically enhanced. I want for my patient's appearance to make others think "Wow - what a great figure", not "I wonder who her plastic surgeon is".

Over and over I hear patients remark, after reviewing some of our `before and after' photos, that they had no idea that a breast augmentation could look so natural. It can, and in my opinion it should. Having practiced plastic surgery in the 'breast augmentation capital of the world' (Los Angeles), and having performed hundreds of breast augmentations in North Carolina for patients who are seeking a breast enhancement that looks like it actually is a natural part of their body, I have developed some fairly strong opinions about this operation.

When considering breast augmentation surgery, I believe that the most important question for a prospective patient to ask themselves is this: Am I seeking a natural-appearing result? If the answer is yes, then seek out a surgeon who has the same aesthetic sensibility that you have (and appropriate training and experience). And insist on seeing `before and after' photos. A lot of them.

Web reference: http://www.michaellaw.com

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Be comfortable with your size choice before surgery

+1

It is your plastic surgeon and his staff that can help you the most - get back to the office and go over this again until you are comfortable with your decision.

475 cc Too Big?

+1

The volume is blunted when under the muscle.  It will look more like a 425 cc.  Having said that, if you feel 425 cc is too large, then it is not unreasonable to adjust the number down. 

Breast implant size

+1

The proper size of the implant depends on your current cup size, the size you want to be, and the size of your frame.  You should make your goals very clear with your plastic surgeon so that you are both on the same page.

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Selecting your implant size

+1

Congratulations on your decision to undergo breast augmentation surgery. If you are having doubts about the implant size discussed and supported by the rice test, talk to your surgeon. You should be on the same page with your  plastic surgeon regarding the surgical plan and implant size. I will often times have my patients bring in pictures to help convey their aesthetic goals. Good Luck!

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Implants too large?

+1

Given your height and weight a 475cc implant seems a bit large in my opinion.  If you have done the rice test and feel nervous about the size you should consult your plastic surgeon prior to your surgery date.  In my experience, a 300-350cc implant is a much more common size choice.  I believe a 475cc implant will make you a large D cup.  

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

475 cc too big

+1

If you did the rice test and feel they are too big, then you probably will not be happy with that volume. Go back to your doc to discuss alternative implants. Figure out with the rice test the volume you feel comfortable with.

Implant sizing with a lift

+1

Hi Annie13,

I would guess a 550-600 mod profile is going to be too wide for your frame, esp if you are considering a lift at the same time. My preference for lifts is always to aim slightly narrower than your frame to allow for the skin to redrape around the implant evenly.

I find the rice test to be a good estimate for final sizing. Remember, that the final look will be a little smaller than what you see with the implant in the bra. Usually by about 10-15 %.
Thanks. Wish you the best. Let us know what you decide to do.
drbennettyang

Rockville Plastic Surgeon