Affording breast augmentation fresh out of university? (photo)

I am 22, soon to graduate with my BFA in design. I've been insecure about my breasts for years, it has gotten in the way of my confidence & ability to be comfortable with intimacy. It's not a problem I see going away on its own. My concern is affordability. I'm not in debt but I'll probably continue scraping by until I can establish a well-paying job, but that may not happen for years and I'm getting a bit desperate. Is there anything I can do to make this happen? Do I have options? Grazie.

Cost and Payment for Breast Augmentation or Breast Enlargement Surgery

+1

There are several options. Plans such as Care Credit will require a co-signature, friend or family. Many university training programs have a clinic where the residents do the surgery and fees are greatly reduced. Try to contact local university plastic surgery training programs.

Breast surgery

+1

Congratulations on graduation. If you want financial advice, I would say hold off on the surgery until you ave a job you are comfortable with and have saved see money. There are companies that will finance plastic surgery for you, the most commonly used one being a company called CareCredit. But do you really want to get into debt right off the bat?

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Plastic Surgery Post Graduation

+1

Congratulations on your upcoming graduation, that’s a great achievement! There are a number of payment options for individuals who want to undergo plastic surgery on a budget. If you have been considering a cosmetic procedure we strongly urge you to researchboard certified plastic surgeons that also offer institutional financial plans (such as care credit or medical finance). One note of caution, breast augmentation is an elective surgical procedure and you should be sure to see someone who makes you feel comfortable and who also has a reputation for doing excellent work with a kind, caring staff. You definitely have options.

Brian Coan, MD
Durham Plastic Surgeon

Financing

+1

There are multiple financing plans available to pay for cosmetic surgery. Your plastic surgeon will have brochures for participating plans.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Financing and pain implants are available for breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question. Prices for breast augmentation very greatly between different cities and different surgeons. I recommend against shopping price only, however there are reputable plastic surgeons who during slow periods may reduce their fees to increase volume.

Financing and payment plans are available and most practices. However since your dad free it would be better if you stayed that way and simply tried to set up a routine saving program to save enough money for the operation.

By all means consult only plastic surgeons who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in breast surgery, and have an excellent reputation in your community.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Affording implants

+1

Thanks for your question. Breast implant can be affordable through either financing or payment plans directly offered through the doctors office. Make an appointment with a board certified surgeon or call around and ask for pricing options.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Affording breast augmentation fresh out of university?

+1

Save, save, save!!! There is a site I recall FreeImplants.com were you post a photo and await donations for obtaining implants...

Have you considered medical financing?

+1

Dear QueenEliza,

Thank you for the question. You may want to consider medical financing such as Care Credit. Another option is to get a job a plastic surgeon office. Most offices will offer a complimentary or significantly discounted procedure for their employees beyond a certain length of employment. Saving is of course always a great option if you can wait longer. Finally, some offices may carry part of the cost if you can come up with a portion of the fee but this is fairly rare.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD