I Can't Afford Lipo and I Can't Take the Time Off - Do I Have Other Options?

I'm 25 male 5'10 171lbs size 30-32 waist,5 years ago i weighed 230lbs,So i went to every library in my area and read every book on nutrition.I changed my diet and exercise , within a year i lost 90lbs,then i decided to build muscle.Problem is that i still have a pouch on my lower abs. I had a consult, and he told me that i shouldn't do the Lipo. The Upper portion of my stomach looks fine, but then it turns into a kind of semi circle,then my skin is thin near my pelvic bone. Is fasted cardio good?

Liposuction, Surgery , External machines, Exercise?

+2

Exercise, get body fat % measurenebts, get a trainer, hike, run, and assess.    If you still have fat then you have a disproportion and that, like a large nose, is corrected by surgery.   You may hear of external machines that dissolve fat etc but so far I am not impressed they do much.   Can they gain 5%.  Possible.   Avoid the external machines that cost ypou your hard earned dollars with little return.  Save up for a lipo.  See an ABPS surgeon.   If affordability is an issue go to a university and the residents can do excellent work for less cost.  Be cautious and work hard.. Good Luck

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss, no surgery/procedures/time

+1

Diet and exercize is #1. The next invasive procedure is lipo followed by surgery. Unfortunately no easy answers. If there was any validity to marketing hype then we would all take the easy way. Sorry

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Liposuction Candidate?

+1

Congratulations on your successful weight loss.

Given your youth,  hopefully your skin will continue to “bounce back” with continued efforts with diet and exercise. If this is the case, no surgical intervention will be necessary. If the skin does not bounce back,  then the only procedure that will be effective is the tummy tuck procedure.

Be careful to avoid liposuction and/or other procedures that could potentially result in an unsatisfactory results and/or waste of time/resources.

Liposuction after weight loss

+1

Congratulations to you! What an accomplishment. You may have excess fat in the abdomen above the muscle wall that can be reduced with liposuction. On an examination if it is determined that the most of the fat is behind the muscle wall, then liposuction would not be in order. If that is the case, you would need an abdominoplasty to tighten the fascial covering over the muscle (sit ups won't help, it's not a weak muscle problem, just a stretched out covering over the muscle).  See a plastic surgeon for an examination, and again, congratulations and keep it off!

Ronald Shelton, MD

Need lipo?

+1

I agree that lipo is not likely to help much.  It looks like you have more of a problem with muscle laxity than with too much fat, but it is hard to tell without an exam.  I would advise you to do your best to tone your abdomen, preferably with a trainer who has worked with weight loss patients before.  You may end needing an abdominoplasty to fix the muscles and tighten the skin.  The scar would be where the sun don't shine.  I am unaware of any nonsurgical skin tightening procedures that would give you the result you are likely looking for. 

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Excess skin after weight loss, tummy tuck in males,abdominoplasty

+1

It is difficult to say whether you have excess fat in your lower abdomen which any of the lipoosuctioning procedures like Vaser, SmartLipo,SlimLipo,tumescent liposuction should help or you have a separation of your abdominal muscles,diastasis recti, which would be helped with their repair with a modified tummy tuck, even endoscopically. If you don't want surgery, you could also consider Thermage or radiofrequency wave tightening of the skin or non-surgical excercises like the Tupler method for help with abdominal musculature. Watch my videos!

Also, please visit ASBPS.org, the American Society of Bariatric PLastic Surgeons for numerous photos and info on post weight loss body and face contouring. I am president of this organization of board certfied plasticc surgeons that hjave a special interest in this type of surgery. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+1

Without an exam, it is hard to say what the protuberance is. If it is skin, liposuction willnot help.  If it is a weak lower abdomen, then the muscles can be strengthened.

Liposuction

+1

Based on your photo, I agree that liposuction is not the procedure for you.  It looks as though a steady and consistent pattern of exercising with emphasis on toning of your abdominal muscles should do the trick.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Alternatives to liposuction

+1

Liposuction is not designed to lose weight but rather to remove pockets of fat that persist. The other issue is skin because oftentimes it is the extra skin that is sometimes perceived as fat. If fat is the issue some folks are seeing excellent fat loss results with HCG under the careful guidance of a physician. Hope that helps!

Joshua Korman, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon