Will These Procedures Look Weird Without a Forehead Lift? (photo)

I am getting upper and lower eyes, rhino, cheek implants, and neck and facelift. I cannot afford a forehead lift. Will it look weird if I don't get that done with everything else? I have been getting botox in the forehead and it looks pretty good. It is an expensive habit,,which is why I want the forehead lift. So,,what is your opinion, please. Maybe I should just spend the extra $$ and go for it....yikes... Thanks for your help. Terrie in Canada

Brow position is acceptable

+3

Though a browlift will soften the horizontal lines on your forehead and the vertical lines between your eyebrows,  your eyebrow position is currently quite acceptable, and elevating them significantly would give you an unnatural appearance. A mild browlift would be okay, but at this point the cost to benefit ratio for you is too high.

Botox is an adjuvant technique that is beneficial whether you do a browlift or not, and will serve to soften the horizontal.

I would recommend holding off on the browlift at this time and revisiting in about 5 years.

Good luck and happy healing!

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Best treatment for forehead wrinkles

+2

Forehead lift surgery elevates the eyebrows while softening forehead wrinkles. Based on your photographs, your eyebrows look fairly well-positioned. If Botox is doing the trick, I would keep that up. You should have a lovely result from your planned procedures. You can always do more in the future as you continue to age and if the brows start to descend.

Hayley Brown, MD

Facial Rejuvenation and Cosmetic Procedures without Forehead Lift

+2

Do what you can comfortably afford. However, if you plan to lift your brows as part of the forehead lift you must do that before the upper eyelids or there may not be enough skin in the upper eyelids to do the brow lift. With or without surgery Botox is the best way to soften unwanted forehead creases.

Will it look weird if I don't get a forehead lift?

+1

I frequently do many of the procedures you are considering without adding on the forehead lift.  A well performed forehead lift takes time and requires significant surgical expertise, and expert knowledge of facial anatomy.  Since your brows are well positioned, I would not push you to spend more dollars to add this procedure to your list.  No, rest assured that it will not look weird if you do not do it.  good luck with your surgery as planned.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Face Lift, Cheeks and Rhino without Brow Lift...will it look weird?

+1

If the proper aesthetics of facial beauty are understood and followed by the Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon, each and every procedure: the Face Lift, Cheek Augmentation with Implants, Lower Eyelid Surgery and Rhinoplasty should add to a more naturally attractive and youthful face.  

The Brow Lift can always be done at a later time (6 months after the Face Lift).  I try to break up the Face Lift and Brow Lift into two separate procedures allowing ample blood supply to heal the skin, of the face, after the Face Lift.  The Lower Eyelift, Cheek Implants and Rhinoplasty can be done at the same time as the Face Lift without issue, IMHO.  

Brow lift not needed

+1

It is acceptable to undergo the surgical multiple procedures contemplated without doing a brow lift. The position of your brows is acceptable and  they do not need to be lifted.  It is best to continue to use Botox on the scowling and frown lines.

Should forehead lift be done with other procedures?

+1

To answer your first question, I think it is possible for you to have the other procedures (upper/lower blepharoplasty, rhinoplasty, cheek augmentation, face and neck lift) and look fine without the forehead lift.  It is possible that you would look better with the forehead lift however.  One of the important points to know beforehand would be the location of your brows.  It's difficult to precisely ascertain that from your pictures.  You could always proceed with your surgery as planned and always have a forehead lift done later as well.   

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon