Is It Safe to Have an Affirm Treatment Immediately After Having Juvederm Injections?

I am planning on having juvederm injections in my cheek area. How long should i wait before having Affirm treatments?

Affirm CO2 laser and Juvederm injections

+1

While there will probably be no harm in using the microablative CO2 laser after a juvederm injection why take the chance of  having a problem.  I would have the laser treatment first and then could consider Juvederm after the laser was completed.  This could all be done at the same time or separated by a few days.  

Affirm laser and fillers

+1

The Affirm is a non-ablative fractionated laser that improves fine lines and wrinkles. Although I respect both of the doctors that anmswered the question, they are wrong. I published a research study that proved that lasers do NOT effect fillers placed under the skin in any way.

Goldman MP, Alster TS, Weiss RA: A randomized trial to determine the influence of laser therapy, monopolar radiofrequency and IPL therapy administered immediately after hyaluronic acid gel implantation.  Dermatol Surg 2007;33:535-542.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Affirm treatment after juvederm

+1

The answer to your question is "it depends".  Factors to consider is the depth to which the juvederm is injected and whether you are referring to the 1440 nm Affirm laser or the Affirm CO2.  You should discuss this with your doctor.  I would not use a laser that would interact with the filler but it may be safe to deliver laser energy over the top of the filler if there isn't any penetration of laser energy into the filler itself.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Affirm laser therapy should not be performed for several weeks after Juvaderm

+1

Affirm laser therapy should not be performed for several weeks after Juvaderm. Before that time there is a theoretical risk that the heat from the laser might damage the Juvaderm.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist