Affirm Multiplex and Permanent Fillers?

I have some injected permanent fillers (silicone). Am I a good candidate for an Affirm Multiplex laser treatment or is it dangerous? Can I have it on my sunburnt facial skin too (I'm caucasian male)? Unfortunately, at the moment I can pay for one session only. Will one treatment give some results or is it a waste of money? Thank you very much!

Permanent fillers or silicone

+2

I am sorry to hear you had silicone injections. The natural history of silicone injections is one of progressive deformity over the years as the silicone runs and inflames.

A little known fact is that laser is absorbed by silicone tissues and literally boils, causing scar tissue. So laser is unquestionably riskier in laser patients.

As you know from my prior many posts, I strongly discourage patients from getting permanent filler. Much of our practice is dealing with patients who have had complications from permanent fillers and travel for corrections.