What Affects How Long Juvederm is Going to Last?

What does affect how long Juvederm is going to last? Is it metabolism, diet habbits? Why some pople have to repeat injections in 6 month and for some it lasts over a year? Thank you.

Longevity of Juvederm

+2

Juvederm typically lasts for about 6 months although in some patients it can be shorter and in others it can be longer.  It depends on where in your face the material is injected, how deep or superficial it is injected, the skill of your injector, and also how fast you metabolize the material.  Ther are many variables at work as you can see.  As far as I know the duration is not influenced by diet.

Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Factors that Affect How Long Juvederm Will Last

+1

The longevity of Juvederm is primarily affected by variations in how fast individual patients will metabolize the product. It tends to metabolize faster in dynamically active areas. Regular Juvederm lasts roughly 5-9 months. Other forms of Juvederm have higher levels of cross linking within the molecules. This causes the injection solution to be thicker, more viscous and longer lasting. Juvederm Ultra, for example, lasts 6 months. Juvederm Ultra Plus lasts between 9-12 months.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvaderm

+1

Juvaderm lasts approximately 12 months.  Some of the factors that contribute to its longevity are where it's placed (is this area highly dynamic?) and your metabolism.  Once you notice the benefits of the Juvaderm are gone, it doesn't necessarily mean all of the product is gone, it may simply mean there is not enough remaining to produce the desired effect.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Factors: How long does Juvederm last?

+1

Juvederm is approved to last "up to 12 months" however it does vary by:

--The rate at which each person metabolizes it and how deeply it is injected

--The areas of the face it is used and the formulation
(lips and creases/folds usually won't last as long as under they eyes)

--Experience level of the injector

I've seen patients go anywhere from 6 to 14 months, or even up to 18 months, between visits.  While I have never  heard of diet being a factor, I've noticed that smokers seem to get a little less mileage out of their fillers.

Steven Svehlak, MD

How long does Juvederm last?

+1

Hi,

Juvederm has FDA approval for 12 months.  However, it lasts differently based on where it is placed.  If it is placed in a high movement area like the lips or lines around the mouth it lasts approximately 8-10 months.  If it is placed in a low movement area such as under the eyes or in the temples, I have seen it last for a year and a half.

Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm

+1

Juvederm lasts on the average around 6-9 months and lasts different times in different people.  It is also dependent on the areas where the filler is injected.  For example, around the mouth it lasts less due to constant movement of the mouth.  Around the eyes it may last longer. Nothing you do will affect how long it lasts.  It is just the natural process of your bodies metabolism.  Dr. Halem

Monica Halem, MD

Juvederm and longevity

+1

There are two forms of juvederm- ultra and ultra plus. Each lasts about 6 months and 9 months respectively.  Certainly in areas of higher motion like the lips, tend to cause the product to dissipate a bit quicker than other areas.