Do I Have an Aesthetically Ideal Nose for a Female? Please Be Honest (Photo)

If it isn't, could you tell me what make's it look wrong, I think it looks okay from the front (until I smile), and from the side it looks like the tip is hanging down. I just wish I could put my finger on whats wrong with it. Please help. And are there any ways I can fix this with out surgery?

Aesthetically pleasing nose and Rhinoplasty

+2

As with much of Aesthetic surgery, 10 different surgeons may give 10 different opinions.  I think your nasal width is not the problem.  I agree that it looks a bit too long, which is creating an acute angle at the lip-nose junction.  An overactive depressor septi muscle will make this more noticeable, as it pulls the long tip down when you smile. Both problems can be addressed through an open or closed approach (although I would prefer the closed approach for you).  Ultimately, it requires a personal exam by a surgeon who is experienced in Rhinoplasty.  

Rhinoplasty

+1

Hello, you would benefit from a tip rhinoplasty. Advising from the photos that you did submit  you are over projected and your tip needs to be rotated upwards. I believe you will be very happy with these two adjustments. I would consult in person with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon. With photo imaging you can get a good idea of what you will look like after  surgery.  

David Alessi, MD

Do I Have an Aesthetically Ideal Nose for a Female? Please Be Honest

+1

No aesthetically, the nose is a bit long and wide.  The nasal tip could be rotated up and slightly thinned as could the nasal bones.  The real issue aesthetically, IMHO, is not the nose but the Maxilla (Cheeks).  The cheeks are quite flat (left more flat than right) which makes the jaw line more prominent and the face appear elongated.

Cheek Implants and a Rhinoplasty would make the face appear more naturally attractive. Hope this helps.

Aesthetically Ideal Nose

+1

Your nose may be a little long, but the pictures you submitted are not ideal. Go to my website for instructions on how to take rhinoplasty pictures. Better pictures or an examination will help us answer your question. Also, your chin is large and may benefit from a reduction.

Nasal Ptosis

+1

The nose hanging down or ptosis with smiling is a common issue and can be easily corrected.  It is caused by a muscle pulling down the nose and can be corrected with a small procedure.  You may consider some minor enhancements of your nose but it's hard to say without a proper evaluation.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can best assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD