Can I Have Some Aesthetic Suggestions for a Small Nose with a Bump, Small Uneven Nostrils and a Bulbous Tip? (photo)

I am a mouth breather because my nose is hard to breath out of. Not only is my nose not functional, it is not aesthetically pleasing. I would like to even out the nostrils (See picture of bottom of nose), refine the frontal view and smooth out the bump on the profile view. As it is now I have a button nose. I would like some suggestions on how it can be more refined and sophisticated. Thank you.

Bulbous tip

+2

Hi,

Reducing your bulbous tip and rasping down the dorsum is the best option for you. This would refine your nose and fit your face better. The nostrils can also be evened out during the tip reduction.I would suggest that you get computer imaging to see what your nose could look like after surgery.

Dr.S.

Best Rhinoplasty for Small Nose with a Bump, Bulbous Tip, and Uneven Nostrils

+2

Hi Tia R,   A septoplasty to improve the function of your nose, and to harvest septal cartilage for graft material would be the first step of your rhinoplasty.  Your nose would  best be approached through an open or external approach. The tip of your nose can be refined by manipulating your nasal cartilages and defatting the tip.  Catilage grafts would be used to support your tip and to create a smooth, harmonious transition from your nasal dorsum (profile) to your tip.  The most important aspect of your rhinoplasty will be making sure that you choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.   Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip wide bridge and hump removal

+2

A rhinoplasty can address narrowing the bulbous tip with a combination of tip  suturing techniques  of the lower lateral cartilages and cartilage removal from the sidewalls of the nasal cartilages. Occasionally a graft of cartilage to the very top portion of the tip will increase the projection and give the illusion of more  projection. Asymmetrical nostrils will be very difficult to deal with. Shaving down a hump which is composed of the bone and cartilage is  straightforward, and osteotomies will narrow the nasal bones.

For small noses we sometimes enhance above and below a bump to make the profile more even

+2

Rhinoplasty is about balance. Filling above and below a bump can make it appear less prominent. A rounded tip in a small nose can also look more sculpted and appear smaller by actually adding cartilage grafts to the tip of the nose to enhance shape. The best way to see what you need is to visit a qualified rhinoplasty expert and get computer imaging. Thats a great way to decide a plan together.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Can I Have Some Aesthetic Suggestions for a Small Nose with a Bump, Small Uneven Nostrils and a Bulbous Tip?

+2

Your tip can be made smaller, and it can be lifted with a closed rhinoplasty approach.  The dorsal hump can be reduced, and the nose can be narrowed.   Enlarging the nostrils and making them more symmetric can be tricky.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty for a more feminine nose.

+2

Rhinoplasty for a more feminine nose is possible while addressing all of the issues you mentioned. Choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural, non operated looking noses and he will know how to achieve this for you. Imaging does not tell you what he can do on a person, only a computer. 

Small nostrils and bulbous tip and dorsal hump with wide bridge

+2

Your nose is best approached via an open rhinoplasty for many reason, not the least of which are your quite small nostrils.   Clearly your  dorsal hump must go and your nasal bones must be narrowed via infracture.   This leaves your tip correction which is centered around some actual cartilage reduction, some central stent grafting, and then bringing your lower lateral cartilages into a forward projecting position.   No attempt should be made to alter you nostrils initially.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon