What Are the Aesthetic Defects to Correct in Rhinoplasty?

I've considered Rhinoplasty for a few years, and I'd like to know, objectively, the exact terms for my aesthetic defect(s) and the surgical difficulty and likelihood of a good outcome.

Or, if you believe it's not unsightly enough to justify surgery, I'd like to know that too.  Thanks for your time!

Aesthetic defects rhinoplasty can correct

+1

According to the pictures the issues that need to be addressed are a twist to the patient’s right side; it is wide and should be narrowed. There is a large convexity to the dorsum, which needs to be removed, and on smiling there is most likely a tip droop. The ligament that holds the tip to the upper lip needs to be released so that the tip does not droop upon smiling. Once the cartilaginous bump is removed from the bridge, narrowing and straightening of the bones will need to be done as well.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Rhinoplasty "To Do or Not to Do" That is the Question

+1

Hi K,

Very good question and photos.

On frontal view your nose appears to be twisted to the right. I suspect that you likely have an underlying nasal septal deviation that may or may not be affecting your nasal breathing ability.

The middle third of your nose appears to be thin relative to your nasal tip and upper boney third of your nose. Your nasal tip is slightly ptotic (directed downward).
On lateral profile view, your tip appears again to be under supported, ptotic, and slightly under projected. You have a very slight convex dorsal line with a minimal dorsal hump.

Whether or not you should have rhinoplasty is dependent upon how much your nose bothers you. It is good that you have given this a great deal of thought.

As to the likelihood of a good outcome, that is dependent on your choosing an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon, who should be able to address what bothers you about your nose. That same experienced rhinoplasty surgeon will likely tell you that there is no such thing as an "easy" rhinoplasty, a procedure that has been recognized as the most difficult of all facial plastic surgical procedures.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Web reference: http://www.drpersky.com/blog/archives/92-What-You-Need-to-Know-About-Rhinoplasty.html

You Dont Need Rhinoplasty

+1

You do not have any significant aesthetic defects in your nose that would need a rhinoplasty.

The nose has to be harmonious with the face and should not distract the observer. You don't have any hump or large bulbous tip that would be distracting or any significant deviation (crookedness).

In your case I would only recommend rhinoplasty if you had a career in acting and your photos were not coming out good.

Regards

Web reference: http://www.janjuafacialsurgery.com

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for deviated nose

+1

Your nose is deviated to the right, or "twisted". Assuming you have no breathing issues, it is a cosmetic problem, since it becomes distracting when someone looks at your face. The nose is supposed to hide and not draw attention to it when looking at a face. Only you can decide if it is "unsightly enough to justify surgery".

The surgery would involve straightening your nose, and the success rate is good.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon