Areola Uneveness After Breast Lift?

I hade implants removed and a breast lift nearly 4 weeks ago. Things seem to be going well, however, I definitely see a noticeable difference in the size of my aeriolas, which were reduced. One is larger than the other and they both don't seem evenly round. What is involved with going back in and having my doctor correct this?

Misshaped areolas after breast lift

+1

Thank you for your question,

Correction of areola size and shape after a breast lift can be easily done under local anesthesia in the office. I usually don't consider a revision of this sort until the 5th or 6th month post op. Time must be given to see if any other changes will take place.

One helpful tip to minimize 'areola discrepancies' is to continue wearing a bra day and night to support and keep the areola centered and without tension. Wear a bra to bed at least 6 months after a periareolar incision. This will keep the areola from being misshapen. Wearing a bra, however, will not prevent size discrepancies.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Revision of asymmetric areola

+1

You may require revision of your areolar diameter, which is a fairly straightforward procedure.  These areolar revisions can often be performed under local anesthesia.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Areola Asymmetry after Breast Lifting and Options?

+1

At this point in your recovery, it is much too early to evaluate the end results of surgery. Hopefully you will be please with the results of surgery 6 months to one year after it was performed. If, at that point, the areola remain asymmetric revisionary surgery can usually be done under local anesthesia with minimal discomfort/recovery time. I would suggest that you continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon  until that time.

Uneveness Following Breast-Lift

+1

If is very common for there to be some asymmetry immediately following a breast-lift. Four weeks is much too soon to draw any conclusions on the final result and would be too early to consider any type of enhancement or touch-up procedure.  Sometimes the difference in the size of the areola can be caused by how the sutures are placed, and once the healing is complete, any assymetry often resolves spontaneously.  I generally advise my patients to wait at least six months following surgery before considering any type of enhancement in this situation.  If needed, it is a very minor procedure to adjust the size of the areola.  Please talk to your plastic surgeon about any concerns that you may have.  Good luck to you. 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Areola Uneveness After #BreastLift? ANS:

+1

This is not uncommon and I usually give my patients about 6-8 months to see how things heal up and then if there are any irregularities, I bring them into my office and under local anesthesia and at no charge, I revise the scar and shape...Not too big of deal really...It works great!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Areola Uneveness After Breast Lift

+1

If your surgeon agrees, a touch up of this sort is a minor procedure and can usually be done under local anesthesia. However, four weeks is a bit early to be considering modest amounts of asymmetry, as these may improve on their own as the changes from surgery settle down. Patience. Follow up with your surgeon.