Advised Against Breast Implants Due to Low Nipple Placement?

I'm 28 years old with a breast size of 34b and desire a full C cup. I do not have any children but do not plan to for another 4 or 5 years. At my consultation, the surgeon advised against an augmentation due to my nipple placement. He said I have more skin above my nipple and that if I were to get an implant, my nipple may seem to point downward. He suggested a breast lift would help however, it wouldn't make sense considering I still plan on having children. I do not want a fat transfer, any options?

Breast Augmentation and Lift

+1

If you want larger breasts and you do not want fat transfer, then you will need breast implants.  Simple.  With regard to a lift, I perform augmentation and lift at the same time.  Make sure you seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast Implants

+1

Get another opinion.It is impossible for anyone on this site to give you a definitive answer. Find a surgeon that does a large number of breast augmentations and has at least 10 years of experience.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Lift vs. Implant

+1

Hi Bella. Without a picture no one can tell if a lift is necessary. Some people have a constricted lower pole of their breast. This means there is a short distance from the nipple to the crease. Several techniques can address this and allow it to open up some. I would recommend you get a second opinion from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. That person should also be able to explain the need for a lift. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Breast lift or breast implant?

+1

Without a picture, it is impossible to advise you other than in general terms.  You could have a breast lift and still have children and breast feed.  A breast lift should not disrupt your breast-feeding apparatus.  The nipple is NOT removed.  Also, a breast lift could be done with or without a breast implant.  My suggestion would be to get a second opinion from another plastic surgeon who can examine you in person.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Photos would help

+1

Hi Bella,  I agree with the other surgeons, that without either detailed measurements (sternal notch to nipple distance, nipple to inframammary fold distance, etc.) or photos, it is impossible to answer this question accurately.  Most likely your surgeon has given you good advice, but if you want further advice photos would be helpful.

Best regards,

Dr. Lane Smith

Lane Smith, MD

TO LIFT OR NOT TO LIFT

+1

Hi Bella,

I would recommend you submit photos of your breasts to RealSelf.  It is difficult to comment on your situation without a front and lateral view of your breasts.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

+1

You need another consult.  You are absolutely a candidate for breast enhancement surgery.  Choose a surgeon with extensive experience in cosmetic breast surgery and ask to see photos. Make sure they are Board-Certified in Plastic Surgery.  Not all Plastic Surgeons have the same level of experience, competence and artistry.  Good Luck!

Brian Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon

+1

There are a number of techniques to deal with the issue you present to us. One is a breast lift, but there are others that may or may not be suitable. Specific suggestions might be possible were there some photos to look at. Please consider re-posting your question. You may also want to consider additional in person opinions.  All the best. 

Nipples low and implants?

+1

More information would be helfpul.  If your nipples are low and skin very loose, you probably need a lift.  If it is just  a slightly low nipple then a circumareola lift only can be performed with implants. A consult in person is key.

Can do breast augmentation with low nipple placement.

+1

Hi.

Without pictures, we have to stick to generalities.  I would advise you to get one or two other opinions.  Pretty sure you can have implants.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)