Permanent Procedure for Cheek, Jawline and Lower Lip Filling?

Was involved in car accident and lost depth in cheek and jawline leftside only.. I have had 5 operations with fat transfer but within 2 months it total disappears.. My surgeon insists it is permanent and it will take.. I am exhausted please help????

Permanent Filler for Correction of Unilateral Facial Injury from Car Accident

+2

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.  Fat transfer does last when performed properly, although there are some patients in whom it does not work as well.  You may discuss using Radiesse and/or Sculptra which are long lasting fillers.  Artefill is a permanent filler that I do not use.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Permanent facial fillers.

+2

I have used fat grafting for more than 30 years and have found it to last IF it is prepared properly AND OVERCORRECTED! One can also use soft tissue from other parts of the body or fillers. See an experienced surgeon to discuss your future options.

Permanent dermal filling.

+2

Fat grafting is usually a very effective method of permanent or semipermanent volume replacement.  However, in some patients, it does not work well.  In these cases, you should consider some off-the-shelf fillers that have semipermanent effects.  These include Sculptra and Artefill.  I would suggest staying away from silicone.  Good luck with your procedures.

David Shafer, MD