Need Advise or Help from a Surgeon?

After losing 40lbs i was left with small deflated breasts. I underwent a BA in July 2012. My surgeon said i was a candidate for a lift but that he thought implants would do the trick. I now feel like my implants are extremely high and my natural breast and nipple are low. Ive become emotiomal and this is causing me undo stress. He suggests that we do a bilateral capsulectomy and lift. Ive been trying to find another doctor to just look at me. Emotionally I cant wait 5 months for a second opinion

Hi There,

If you are looking for more surgeons in your area, here is a link to the board certified doctors who are able to perform this procedure in your area.

You don't have to wait

+1

Implants do not lift breasts as you know by now.  You have a classic case of high implants and low breast tissue.  The best way to correct this is through a circumareola approach.  Your implant pocket would be lowered and your breast tissue would be elevated.  It is important to align your areola, your breast tissue and implant all in the same horizontal plane.  You are currently misaligned and that is causing your problems.  There is a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift and you are a candidate for this procedure.  You don't have to wait 5 months.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lif

+1

It is possible that your situation could be addressed with a lift alone. If your implants are unencapsulated and are in the correct location perhaps all that needs to be done is to have the nipples lifted as you says they seems to be too low. This is not that uncommon a situation but it is unlikely you need capsulectomies especially sine the initial surgery was only done two months ago.  But make sure you know all your options and don't rush back in to another procedure too quickly.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast lift? after implants

+1

At one or so months after surgery, your implants may be sitting a bit high. Without an exam, I can not be sure. But I will say that implants do not lift the breasts significantly they only add more volume.

Implant Lowering with Nipple LIfts For Correction of High Breast Implants

+1

By your description, it sounds like you were borderline to get the desired look with implants alone. (particularly with your weight loss) The implants may be too high but there is always the question of whether some type of lift may also be beneficial. Without pictures, it is impossible to give a good opinion. But my guess is that you would benefit by implant lowering combined possibly with a simple nipple lift. The combination of these two procedures may make the change that you need.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

High implants low breasts

+1

If your surgery was a month ago, you may still get some settling.  But if your doctor is already wanting to do a capsulectomy, then it sounds like you may have already developed a capsular contracture.  Talk to your doctor about options to treat the capsule prior to surgery, such as ultrasound and Accolate. You dont need to wait 5 months for a second opinion, you can get one now.  Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Second opinion after less than ideal breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question, but without photos it is difficult to make general recommendations. You do not say if the implants are saline or silicone gel, over or under the muscle. These facts can affect the opinion given. Your surgeon is considering a capsulectomy which to me indicates that your implants are undergoing contractures or are malpositioned. There are many qualified board certified plastic surgeons in the Tacoma, Seattle and Bellevue area and you should get a second opinion if you do not feel comfortable with your initial surgeon. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

In Need of A 2nd Opinion for Possible Revisionary Breast Surgery…

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the stress you are experiencing.

I think your plan of seeking additional consultations will help you in many ways. I would suggest that you seek consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons in your area. In most areas, it will not take several months to obtain this consultation time. You are much more likely to receive helpful/accurate advice  during this in-person consultation than with online consultation.

Hello

+1

Without pictures it’s hard to give you accurate advice. It sounds like your implants are riding high and your breast tissue is low (sagging down). Have you been wearing a breast band to help the implants settle down? It applies pressure to the implants and pushes them down. It’s still early in your surgery where you can do that. I would wait on revision surgery try applying downward pressure to your implants to make them drop; if after a few months nothing changes and then yes, consider the revision.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS