9 Days Post-op, Breasts Asymmetrical

I did my BA abroad. Under muscle,Round,textured,armpit incision. L:290cc, R:320cc. Day9, Left looks much bigger,much lower.Right distorted with huge bruising. Thru email, PS told me I might have seroma not emergency, but asked to come. My question is: Is my left breast too low? Or the right one too high? Could it be seroma? can it get absorbed by the body? Should I just wait & see? Will warm compress/msg/banding help?

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
I agree you may have a fluid accumulation which is usally best drained because it will reduce the risk of having an early capsular contracture 

Breast implant asymmetry

+1

Some  degree of breast asymmetry  is to be expected after breast augmentation surgery,  especially on the 9th post op day. Sometimes implants may take several months and up to a year to “drop”.  I have found this to be especially true when work has been done on the lower pole of the breasts and/or when larger breast implants are used.

I would suggest continued patient,  nonaccusatory  follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

Breast asymmetry

+1

You seemed to have breast asymmetry in your preop photos that matches what you have post-op.  When trying to correct this, you may get into trouble, I always point out asymmetry preop.

Breast asymmetry after breast augmentation looks like it existed previously

+1

it is difficult to assess your condiiton from the photos provided. It does appear that you started with a significant asymmetry and a lower left breast to begin with. Rather than manage this by email, go for a consultation.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for submitting the photographs. It does appear that the left breast fold is significantly lower than the right. However, the preop photo is inconclusive as to whether the fold on the left was anatomically lower than the right to begin with. An axillary approach to breast augmentation can be difficult, particularly in women with asymmetric breasts. From the photos, you have a decent amount of bruising on the right breast. Bruising is usually an indication of a bleeding at surgery or a hematoma, not a seroma. Both can be absorbed by the body over time, but if in the pocket, they can lead to a higher risk of capsular contracture or infection.

Your issues do bring up a point that many people don't consider when choosing to have surgery in another country. Most choose to have surgery abroad due to financial reasons. However, if there is a problem or complication, it is often difficult to for the patient to follow up appropriately with the surgeon who operated on them. When there is a problem that needs correction, it often costs much more than the original surgery would have costs in the US. My recommendation for you is to find a board certified plastic surgeon in San Francisco to be evaluated.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon