Any Advise on Correcting my Stomach After Lipo?

I had smart lipo on my stomach in May 2010. There were a few high spots so he did a touch up in Aug 2010. The high spots were still there so he went in one more time Dec 2010 just with the cool lipo laser, no lipo. He felt he could just melt the fat in the high spots and it would absord back in the body. Now in Feb. the high spots are still there, not as bad but my stomach looks like cottage cheese now. Everything is soft, no hard feelings or anything, just lumpy cottage cheese looking, advise??

+2

Very unusual history of Smart Lipo. I feel the doctor was not a "true" expert on the uses of Smart Lipo and you ended up with a very poorly preformed result, not once but 3 times. My advise is allow healing for at least 6 months. Than find a true lipo expert and fat grafting expert. Repairs will be very expensive ($10,000 range) and you will need over three operations for you to achieve a more smooth result. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Lumpiness after liposuction

+2

I hesitate to comment with having had the advantage of examining you but I feel the need to make a couple of points. FIrst, your pre-op abdomen looks quite normal. The amount of localized fat is quite minimal. What that tells me is that the margin of error is quite small. Any imperfection will be apparent post-op and this is ths case. Second, it does not matter what type of liposuction machine a surgeon uses. It is not magic. The technique has to be applied appropriately, judiciously, and in the appropriate setting. Finally, the problem is not in removing the fat in most situations. It is in removing it uniformly in a predictable way, and no machine has solved that problem. It is still operator-dependent.

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Correcting irregularities after liposuction

+2

I would recommend that you avoid any further procedures for now and give your abdomen a rest.  Wait at least 6 months to allow your tummy to heal.  It will be impossible to completely correct the irregular contour of your abdomen, but it can be improved with fat grafting to the areas that are depressed.  It looks like you have had too much fat taken out and it was not done smoothly.  You should definitely not have any more liposuction done.  Make sure you go to a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in fat grafting and correcting contour deformities from liposuction.  Best of luck to you!

Caroline Min, MD

After liposuction, give it at least 4 months to see end results.

+2

It is too soon to see the results from your dec, 2010 treatment.  If you need further fine-tuning, I would go only to someone who does the microcanula tumescent liposuction to get the refinement you need.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Overlipo

+1

The first thing you do not need is more lipo. Your abdomen looked nice before all these procedures no matter what the fancy name smart, laser, cool etc. Wait three months. You need to find a very experience board certified plastic surgeon who has done a lot of fat injections. Micro fat injections can help.

Richard Linderman, MD

Multiple liposuction revisions

+1

At this time, not too long after three procedures, all within a short period, you should rest for six months. Let the subcutaneous tissue heal. Then, see what is depressed, and what is elevated.  You may need fat injections or you may need deep tissue massage such as with Velashape. It is not possible to be sure without an examination  if you had underremoval in a few areas or overresection in some, or both. If you have more surgery now, you might be removing too much fat which can increase problems with the overlying skin.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Contour deformity after Smartlipo

+1

First, of all, please stop having procedures on your belly.  You need to let the tissues settle and the scar tissue (under the skin) mature for at least 6 to 12 months.  This is a difficult situation with over-resection of fat from the superficial layer.  You may benefit in the future from fat injections or other procedures, but it will be a multi-staged process and it is difficult to predict the results at this point.  Hang in there and good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Unsatifactory results after 3 lipo procedures of the abdomen

+1

Was the physician that performed your lipo a plastic surgeon?

Your abdomen was smooth before the procedures but now is quite irregular. There has been over-resection of fat which is a difficult problem to correct. My recommendation would be to wait at least 6 months after your last procedure and then obtain 1 or more second opinions from reputable board certified plastic surgeons.

You may never have a relatively smooth contour but fat injections can be considered to help fill in the over suctioned areas.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Uneven Surface of Tummy after Liposuction. What to do?

+1

I am sorry you had these problems.  Your abdomen looked good prior to any surgery.  I suggest you approach the surgeon and ask for a correction plan.  Then seek 2 consultation from other surgeon who do a lot of liposuction.  Go to the Univesity.  Talk to a surgeon that is certified by the ABPS and FACS.   You can gain much improvement here.  Possibly a Vaser procedure would help.  I like the Vaser.   Vaser Corp...Sound Surgical... will give you names of people in your area.  Fat grafting may help.   Small cannula detailed liposuction should be of benefit.   Liposculpture is simply detailed and carefully done liposuction-lipomanipulation and that may help.   Another alternative is a tummy tuck.  Get additional consults.  Do your homework.  There is no rush.   Good Luck.

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Contour Defect after Smart-Lipo

+1

I would recommend that you give your body 6 months to recover from the past 3 procedures.   I do not believe further liposuction will improve your contour.   Daily deep tissue massage can help decrease the swelling and hardened areas.   Once your abdomen is soft and 6 months has passed, you will most likely benefit from fat grafting to the depressed areas in a staged fashion.  I would plan on 2-3 sessions to fully correct your deformed areas. 

I wish you a safe and healthy recovery. 

Paul S. Gill, MD