I Need Some Advise Im 5'5 and About 150 Lbs. Im a 36c Now & Getting a 750cc is That 2 Much

Bigger implants lead to bigger problems

+2

Selecting a range of implants should be based on the measurements of your chest wall and what your tissues can handle safely.   Selecting an implant that is too big can lead to many problems down the road.    It is important that you are seen and examined by a board certified plastic surgeon and have this discussion. 

It is rare for someone who is average height and weight to need 750cc implants.  Discuss with your plastic surgeon and reconsider or get second opinion if you are ever uncomfortable with the plan.

Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

+1

To place an implant of 750cc, there are several factors to consider.  First, there is the weight issue, the stress on your back, and the lines over your shoulder from the bra strap pulling down on you.  Next, the risk of stretch marks with this large of an implant must be factored in.  If this creates too much tension on your breast, you may exacerbate or worsen any stretch marks.  Whether 750cc is too much from a cosmetic perspective is on of personal preference.  We like to guide choices discussing options and risks, you make the ultimate decision and accept the risks of the decisions.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

+1

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

750cc Implants Are Too Large For Almost All Patients

+1

There are very few women for whom 750cc implants are appropriate.  The only indication is a woman undergoing an expander/implant reconstruction following mastectomy who has a very large opposite breast.  Virtually any patient undergoing an aesthetic augmentation with an implant which is this large is going to have an extremely "fake look".

John Whitt, MD

750cc Breast Implant a BIG Mistake

+1

Let me put it this way. I just reconstructed a breast with essentially no residual tissue in a lady who is larger than you using a 650cc implant. This was almost too large for her. I am also frequently asked to reduce breasts much smaller than what you will achieve with a 750cc implant. If you do this, expect the tissues to thin, the breasts to look bad and for your shoulders and neck to hurt. If you came to me with this request, I would not operate on you.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Breast size after breast enlargement

+1

The best way to tell if 750cc implants are too big for you is in consultation with your board certified plastic surgeon as many, many factors enter the decision. Both you and your surgeon need to be happy with the decision you make so it may take several consultations with different surgeons before you are comfortable. But you owe it to yourself to make the effort before surgery so you increase the chances that you will be pleased with the results of your surgery.  As for your specific question, unless there are unusual circumstances, 750cc implants sound extremely large for you. Good luck with your decision and surgery.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

750 cc is too much

+1

For most patients, 750 cc is too much. For your size it is definitely too much. You are asking for a complication with that size. You have a higher risk of accelerated ptosis(droopiness), migration, infection, rippling and capsular contracture. 325-425cc is probably the range you should be in.

Richard Dale Reynolds, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

750 cc implants are REAL BIG

+1

There are many factors that go into choosing breast implant size which include:

patient height and weight, chest width and size, looseness of skin envelope, age, occupation and patient's desire.

With all the factors mentioned inserting 750cc implants would be be way too large. The results would not be very natural and the complication rate is increased. Also as you get older you can start to get back problems. I would review the size with your surgeon as well as review preop and post op photos to get a better sense of what size would be most sppropriate for you.

George Lefkovits, MD

C cup / 5'5" going to 750cc's ?

+1

That sounds to big. I base my implant choice on the breast width , the amount of tissue you naturally have and how much give the skin envelope has. These characteristics are key to excepting the implant. Large implants can lead to big problems down the road. Bottoming out(the implant stretches the skin out underneath the nipple leading to more implant below the nipple than behind it). The thinning of the skin can make more of the implant defects visable, i.e. rippling. 

Paul Albear, MD

Yes, it is too much

+1

I believe you have concerns about you implants size. You will higher risk of complication with the 750 cc implant down the road. Bigger the implant, worst is the complication.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon