Is it possible/advisable to have just the hump removed without any other changes? (photos)

I'm comfortable with my nose from the front view and I wouldn't like a big change on my appearance. My only concern is the hump on my profile. I would like to know how convenient or advisable would be to remove it without making any other changes? And If is possible, could it be done through a closed rhinoplasty with local anesthesia? Or it is more complicated than that?

Is it possible/advisable to have just the hump removed without any other changes?

+1
I perform closed rhinoplasty almost exclusively, and the hump could be reduced without making other changes.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

+1
It is possible but NOT advisable. The nose is a unit made of different parts that need to work in unison to give a very natural appearance. If we only correct one part of the total there could be a poor outcome.. 

Rhinoplasty candidate for hump removal

+1
Shaving down this hump will most likely create a open roof deformity, which will require osteotomies to narrow the nasal bones. This surgery can be performed through closed rhinoplasty techniques, under general anesthesia, not local anesthesia. For many examples, please see our closed rhinoplasty photo gallery

+1

Yes, it is possible to remove a bump on your bridge without changing any other part of your nose.  Utilizing a closed rhinoplasty procedure would hide the incisions on the inside of your nose!    

Rhinoplasty open or closed

+1

Based on your photos you are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery.

You can accomplish the same goals either with open or closed rhinoplasty and your search should be for an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does rhinoplasty on a regular basis. I prefer the closed rhinoplasty but many surgeons are more comfortable with the open technique. My criticisms of many open rhinoplasties is that they are inadequately reduced and your nose needs significant reduction. Basically it projects, or sticks out, too far from your face and requires substantial reduction

Ronald J. Edelson, MD