Advice on Very Unique Nose? (photo)

I have maybe a 1 in a million nose. I have never in my lifetime seen a nose like mine. It has caused me a great deal of humiliation all throughout school and wish to have it corrected before I attend university. Anyways! I really want to try using a filler due to its attractive pricepoint, as i believe i would be satisfied with just an augmentation of my bridge. What options do i have? what would have the best outcome? I just want my nose to look straight from the side. Thanks so much!

Advice on Unique Nose

+2

Over the past 35 years I've never seen two noses that were exactly the same. Your nasal tip is over-rotated and the profile scooped out. There are advantages and disadvantages to each rhinoplasty approach. Now is a good time to change the appearance of your nose before moving on to the next stage of your life as a university student.

Unique nose

+2

You do have a bit of unique anatomy. A closed rhinoplasty can address many of the features of your nose to give an improvement, such as narrowing the tip and bridge, and augmenting the bridge to improve the height of the nose and give a bit more of a down-turned nose

Don't be too self conscious

+1

Remember every person is unique. It is this uniqueness that makes the world an interesting place.  Your nose is fine and all noses are unique.  Some changes may be made to enhance the aesthetics of your nose. It is good that you are considering this at a natural transition point in your life.  Don't be too hard on yourself.  See an experienced surgeon for  a consult this is a reasonable option to see what can be done.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler for Rhinoplasty

+1

Filler can be used to augment the dorsum or to smooth out irregular areas, but a rotated tip such as yours would probably benefit more from a closed rhinoplasty that can address all of your issues at one time in about an hour. 

Unique Nose

+1

I agree that you have a unique nose, and a complex one at that. Based on the photos shown, you have a short nose with a bulbous, overly rotated tip, a "supratip-dip", and a slight dorsal hump.  Although you will probably get some degree of dorsal augmentation from a filler, it is my opinion that this will not achieve any significant aesthetic goal.  Save your money and see an experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeon who can explain the complexities of your nasal anatomy and come up with a plan that can help your nose look better.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Very Unique Nose

+1

Dear one, Your nose is not as unique as your mail sounds. I see such noses every day. You will be benefited with closed rhinioplasty for lifeline reason. Your tip is bulbous and need to be fixed. Your dorsal is a kind of saddle that can be temporarily be filled up with a filler. Go for some in office consultation.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon