Healing & makeup on scars 2.5 weeks after blepharoplasty (photos)

It is 2.5 weeks since I had upper and lower blepharoplasty. Overall I am pleased with my scar lines, although they are pink I realise it's early days and they will fade with time. The most obvious place to notice my scars is to the sides of my eyes (see photographs). Am I safe to wear some makeup over these scar lines to disguise them? I don't want to limit the healing process by doing anything which could irritate them or slow the healing down. I would really appreciate some advice. Thank you!

Make-up on lid incisions

+1
should be tolerated but it should also be make-up that is easy to apply and remove and won't take much rubbing to remove.  And since you're in the acute post-op phase, this is something you should always clear with your surgeon since your surgeon will be dealing with any issues that may arise for your applying make-up.  By the way, your scar should heal great!

Healing and makeup on scars 2.5 weeks after blepharoplasty.

+1
at this point it is safe to use cover up on your scars. The risk is getting makeup and having a tattoo like reaction in the scar. However, at this point, the incisions should be closed.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

I agree with the others.

+1
Wearing make up should not be a problem.  You need to do a little experimenting with the changed eyelid shape to determine the most effective means of applying your make up.  The scar seem very good and your skin is very fair.  This generally suggests that your scars are likely to be very inconspicuous once you are fully healed.

Makeup is safe to wear two weeks after eyelid surgery.

+1
I'm speaking on behalf of my own patients but I don't see any problem using makeup two weeks after eyelid surgery. Nevertheless, you need to clear this with your own plastic surgeon.

Healing & makeup on scars 2.5 weeks after blepharoplasty

+1
Your photos show that you are healing nicely.  It  can take weeks to months for the scars to fade and mature.  Covering them with makeup will not slow the healing.   You appear to have an excellent result.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD