Advice: Rhinoplasty Computer Imaging; Are Goals Realistic? (photo)

Hi i had consultation with a good plastic surgeon who has operated over 2000 noses in past 30 years and we both agreed on the computer image he said 90% chance my nose will look like the image or he said very close to the image I want just advice what percentage ? Is it realistic goal ? does it suit my face? I also wanted smaller but he said it will look to feminie he said he move my tip up with support not reduced he doesn’t want give me operated look. would see a big change thx u

Advice: Rhinoplasty Computer Imaging; Are Goals Realistic?

+2

Rhinoplasty manipulates the tissues differently than the software modifies the image.  This is why I do not use imaging.  It's not realistic and who could possibly guess what % of the provided image your Rhinoplasty results would yield.  

Computer Imaging Before Rhinoplasty Surgery

+2

Computer imaging can be helpful but computer kills are very different than skills in the operating room.  Your surgeon should be able to show you actual results in patients who had a nose like yours before surgery.  I prefer to show patients 35 years of results in noses like theirs.

Computer imaging

+2

This appears realistic. If the doctor is very experienced and you had a good feel at the consult then I would trust his recommendation above online  responses.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Computer imaging and rhinoplasty results

+1

The pictures that are present in the computer imaging do appear to be obtainable by a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.  Although we try very hard to bring these surgical results as close as we can to our in-office computer imaging results, it is important to remember that computer imaging is a communication tool.

Computer imagin

+1

It looks like the changes you are steeling are conservative and realistic.  It sounds like you are comfortable with your choice of surgeon.  Just be aware that computer imaging is no guarantee.  make sure you have seen many of the surgeon's actual work.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

In the right hands, your Rhinoplasty goals appear realistic.

+1

I reviewed your concerns and your photos.

Narrowing of your nasal bridge on front view would be a realistic expectation following well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Great question! Computer imaging is a tool to "help" patients understand the process of in your case rhinoplasty. It is NOT a guarantee of future results and in fact the computer image rarely appears as the final biologic result. I find using this tool has too many negatives than positives, especially in rhinoplasty results. You see the body "heals" by a biologic/physiologic event while the computer can only show directed real time changes. Just beware of the computer result will NOT match real results. 

Computer imaging in rhinoplasty realistic? Yes and no!

+1

Computer image morphing tool is good for demonstration of the intended surgical goal rather than a promise of surgical result.  Furthermore, the nose is a three dimemsion structure, therefore nosesurgery will affect the appearance of the nose in all 3 planes.  Morphing of a two dimensional image can be misleading is used for the wrong reason leading to false expectations.  Looking at other patients results with similar nose is a better way to do consultation.  Second opinion is always a good idea.

C. Carson Huynh, MD, DMD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Expectations For Rhinoplasty

+1

I would say that the result presented on the imaging is a reasonable expectation.   Please remember that individual healing factors introduce a some variability to the final result.

Computer imaging and rhinoplasty

+1

Computer imaging can give  rough idea od what can be accomplished, but in no way should you expect your nose to come out exactly as "airbrushed."  I do not use it for this reason.