Septorhinoplasty 1 yr ago, I'm unhappy with results. Can you give advise on Revision Rhinoplasty for my crooked nose? (photo)

I had septorhinoplasty 1 year ago, and I am unhappy with the results. The tip of my nose was awful before surgery, but my nose was not crooked. Now the tip is improved, but my nose looks crooked. My surgeon agrees a revision is necessary, but I'm nervous about something else going wrong. I would appreciate opinions on what could have happened (or not happened) in surgery that caused this problem, as well as what type of procedure will be necessary to fix it and how extensive will surgery be.

Septorhinoplasty 1 yr ago, I'm unhappy with results. Can you give advise on Revision Rhinoplasty for my crooked nose?

+1
Tip and caudal septum can be adjusted to improve the asymmetry.

Los Angeles, CA.....

Septorhinoplasty one year ago

+1
First of all, the photographs you have shared are incomplete. It would be helpful to see a base view before surgery and side views as well.  Secondly, since you have relatively thick skin, your nose will continue to change for another year so you should wait before deciding on a revision.  Also, at present your nose foes not look severely crooked and another procedure may not make it a lot straighter. If you decide on a revision, get three opinions from experienced Revision Rhinoplasty surgeons.

Devinder S. Mangat, MD, FACS
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1
The decision to undergo a revision rhinoplasty is a serious one, and you are smart to undergo some research.  When results are not ideal after a rhinoplasty, it is impossible for someone to explain the reason by reviewing photos.

You have 3 options.  

1)  Continue to let your nose heal

2)  Undergo a revision rhinoplasty
  I cannot explain how extensive the surgery would be without an examination of the nose

3)  Non-surgical revision rhinoplasty
 During a non-surgical revision rhinoplasty, filler is placed in the nose to fill in the depression on the left side of your nose.  This will give the appearance that your nose is straighter.  It maybe a great option for you.  The only downside is that the filler is temporary and will need to be repeated around a year later.  

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose

+1
rscchnc, your photos are not too bad but it is still very difficult to answer your question with specific details as to what would be done in the operative arena. I suggest if you are concerned that your see 2-3 other facial plastic specialists with at least 10 years of experience and get some more opinions.
Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon