What Advice do You Have For Having More Kids After Mini Tummy Tuck?

140lb; female mother of 2 (by CS)

Pregnancy and mini tummy tuck

+1

I do not recommend having sugery if you are planning on having more kids. Certainly, patients have had childen after a tummy tuck.

Pregnancy after minituck

+1
Any pregnancy can negatively effect the surgical result. It is advisable not to have surgery until you have completed childbearing. The result can always be revised or a full abdominoplasty performed if necessary.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

+1

I'm going to assume you've already had your mini-abdominoplasty.

My advice would be to have another child if you really want to. Your tummy tuck will suffer, but you can have it redone any time.

You won't be able to have another child after a certain point in your life, and it would be a pity if you regretted not having a third little person around.

Good luck!

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

+1

You would have wasted your funds if you are planning more pregnancies. Best to really think your plan out  before doing a surgery. 

Children after Tummy Tuck

+1

Unfortunately, I don't have any earth shattering advice to help you. I would suggest however that during your pregnancy you try to keep your weight “under control” under the guidance of your OB/GYN physician.  Prevention of severe weight fluctuation may be helpful in avoiding the post-pregnancy changes that may require revisionary surgery.

Otherwise, concentrate on having a healthy infant-  time will tell if revisionary abdominoplasty surgery will be necessary.

Children after tummy tuck

+1

Having more children after a tummy tuck, whether a "mini" or full procedure is likely to have some detrimental effect on the final appearance. The degree of recurrence of the original appearance can vary widely, depending to a large extent on the amount of weight gain and the amount of abdominal wall stretching  which can vary from patient to patient. This may require some sort of revisional procedure if too much stretching has occured. Some patients can have a subsequent pregnancy without a large amount of impairment of the appearance. A tummy tuck will not detrimentally affect the course of a subsequent pregnancy. Hope this is helpful.

David A. Bottger, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon