How can I improve my jaw line? (photo)

Hi, I'm considering having a chin implant and would like your opinion on if it will achieve the look I want. I hate my double chin and even though I don't weigh much my chin doesn't disappear, I recently lost 14lbs and this made no difference. I also suffer from cobblestone chin (sorry I cant find the correct name) would a chin implant stop this? Overall I would like to improve the aesthetic look of my lower face so any advice would be appreciated. Thank you for taking time to read this

How can I improve my jaw line?

+1
Chin implant would produce a very nice change for you and improve facial balance.   Liposuction under the chin will further improve the result.

Chin augmentation

+1
A chin implant combined with submental/jowl liposuction yields a fantastic result. I would recommend a consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. He/she will evaluate your chin in person and provide you with the best advice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Chin/Jawline Improvement

+1
While both an implant or a sliding genioplasty can be done for your chin augmentation, the 'cobblestone' chin appearance is the key determining factor. This suggests that there is mentalis hyperactivity and this could be best improved by moving the bone rather than putting an implant just on top of it.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Improving My Jawline

+1
I suggest you have a chin implant combined with sub-mental and neck liposuction. This would improve the proportions of your lower face.

Profileplasty

+1
You will improve your profile by getting a chin implant or chin advancement and liposuction of the neck beneath the chin. These will be powerful tools for you.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Improvement for jawline and double chin

+1
 The Photograpw shows fatty deposits in the neck and a weak chin  profile. To improve the chin profile, consider  a chin implant Which will help with a better facial balance and augment the chin area. The fatty deposits in the neck can be removed with liposuction. 

Chin implant candidate?

+1
Thanks.
You have a recessive chin and appear to be a good candidate for a chin implant or a sliding genioplasty.  Simultaneous lipo would also help.  There are other factors such as the way your teeth fit together and xray info that would need to be evaluated as well.  Losing weight won't help much, it is a resistant area.

Joe Niamtu, III DMD
Cosmetic Facial Surgery
Richmond, Virginia

Joseph Niamtu, III, DMD
Richmond Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

How can I improve my jaw line?

+1
Yes, you are definitely a candidate for a chin implant to augment your chin.  The purpose of the chin implant is to give the chin more projection.  The jawline can also be enhanced with fillers to give angularity to the male jaw.

Chin Implant

+1
It is important to be evaluated  for possible chin Implant and possible liposuction of the chin, neck area. Should be evaluated to determine if that will bring more harmony to the face. Also evaluate the neck fat to determine if the fat is above the muscle or below the muscle. Below the muscle fat need surgical excision.
Samir Shureih MD. FACS
sshureih@msn.com

Possible chin implant

+1
From the photo you provided, it does appear that you would be a good candidate for chin augmentation with an implant.  This procedure would produce more projection of your chin and I think would help with the area under your chin as well.  I would consult with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon to be evaluated.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon