Advice on Options for Breast Lift Revision? Implant out of Pocket Now (Photos)

4 Months ago I underwent full Anchor Lifts on both breasts (after a previous post I decided to go forward with the breast lift). As you can see, my left breast has dropped. I am going to have a revision but wanted to get opinion(s) on how the left breast should be revised and if it would be feasible to do another lift around the right areola as I wanted it a little higher (it is at 21cm now). (March 2010 originally got the Implants: 375cc right, 350cc left and I am 5'9", 140lb). Thank you!

Breast lift revision.

+1

Thank you for posting the preoperative photos as well. You had a significant amount of asymmetry to begin with and it has improved from the operation. However, you continue to have a bit too much skin underneath the left breast. A revision would likely entail a horizontal incision within the left breast fold to improve the symmetry. As for the position of the right nipple, it is natural and in correct position. I would advise against elevating this as it likely to appear unnatural.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Assymetry

+1

The left implant is sitting lower within the breast tissue itself. I believe it would be a misstake to simply excise skin to correct this.  The breast tissue needs to be reconstituted as an internal brassiere to hold the implant up. 

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift revision

+1

Your surgeon achieved a very nice result !

Follow his advice and timetable with revision of the left breast pocket. This can be done with tightening the lower part of the breast pocket. A "matrix" like Alloderm can be used as re enforcement(if your surgeon likes to use it).

I personally think your right breast looks NATURAL and has a nice size and shape. The implant has the right base diameter and fills the cleavage, upper part and lateral part of your breast pocket well. Once the left breast pocket is revised your surgeon may try with "implant sizers" to fine tune the size of the breast implant. It is difficult to say from the pictures  but maybe the same size implant as the opposite breast my be just the perfect size.

Let your surgeon know that he is doing a great job!

Evansville Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift revision surgery

+1

I notice that your scars are still quite red  (appropriate for four months after surgery) which means that it is still healing and the breasts may still change shape..   I would be inclined to wait for several more months as there could continue to be some "settling" .  It is very important to wait until  the breast has completely healed to avoid performing a revision on  a breast that is still changing shape.

As for the revision I think that it would be very reasonable  to revise the left breast. I would however be very reluctant at this time to lift the right nipple any higher as I think that the right breast may well improve in appearance  if that vertical scar stretches a bit more.  This would put your nipple in a better position on the breast mound giving you a more aesthetic result.  I think your surgeon has given you a very nice result  given your preoperative shape. 

Breast lift revision surgery

+1

A revision of your breast lift is reasonable at four months. This should involve a skin excision and nipple adjustment.

Breast Augmentation Revision

+1

As I am sure you understand, it is difficult to tell you exactly what you need by just looking at pictures but there are some things which are noticeable. First of all, your breasts were a little asymmetric to start with and the left breast appeared a little lower. In your post op pictures befor the lift the left implant already appears lower and continues to look lower after your lift. In that situation you are most likely going to need your pocket revised to either bring the implant up or put in a larger implant and just further tightening the skin alone is probably not going to do this. Discuss with your plastic surgeon exactly what your concerns are and make sure you are both on the same page so that you can get the result you are looking for. Good Luck.

Ocala Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and mastopexy revision

+1

Thank you for your question and pictures.

I think your desire and plan to undergo left-sided  breast augmentation mastopexy revisionary surgery is very reasonable. This procedure may involve further skin excision on the left side.  Some “capsule work” may also be helpful in supporting the left breast implant. If you have plans on changing implant size this may be a time to address this concern also.

If revisionary breast augmentation surgery is decided upon, it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastrevision.htm

Advice/Options for Breast Lift Revision? Implant out of Pocket Now (Photos)Answer:

+1

Your left breast is a bit lower but then it was pre-op. You nipples look pretty level with each other and yes, I think your right one could come up a bit too…But not much! Better to be a bit low than a bit high as it then pops out of swimsuits and bras. Overall I think you look good with just a little tweaking needed, as happens with lifts.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift revision

+1

After 4 months, it is reasonable and feasable to do another lift on your left side to change the nipple position.  This would be a very minor procedure compared to your previous surgery.  Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.instituteplasticsurgery.com

Columbus Plastic Surgeon