I Need Advice on an Ongoing Gastrointestinal Problem Following Breast Augmentation?

Had breast aug surgery 5 weeks ago (6.5 hours) followed by further surgery 7 days later to repair a hematoma in my left breast. I have a burning sensation in the area of my diaphragm and a lot of gas, with some diarrhea. I have little or no appetite so eat lightly, after which I have burping incidents that border on regurgitation of the food I just ate. It has become debilitating to the point where I no longer leave the house. Help

Breast surgery should be related to any gastrointestinal issues

+1

and if you're having problems, you should first see your plastic surgeon for confirmation and then get a referral to a gastroenterologist.  Breast surgery is entirely OUTSIDE your body cavity where your internal organs are.  If you were treated with antibiotics, you can develop GI issues such as those you describe.  Talk to your PS and if your PS has nothing to offer, then see and GI doctor.

+1

I am sorry to hear about the  unusual problems you are experiencing. Despite good intentions, however you'll find that online consultants will not be of much specific help to you. I am curious as to your description of breast augmentation surgery that lasted 6.5 hours;  did you have other type of surgery performed also? If so, this may be very relevant when it comes to your  current situation.  The use of antibiotics around the time of your 2 operations may also be relevant. 

Overall, your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to guide you. If he/she is unclear as to what may be causing your symptomatology, referral to a gastrointestinal specialists may be indicated.

If you wish to provide additional detail/information here, online consultants may be of more help to you.