I Need Advice on my Nose Job. I Think It Looks Really Botched.

I got a nose job when I was 21 years old. Now I am 25. My doctor lives in California and I moved to a different state for college. From the beginning I noticed that my nose looked crooked and lopsided. Is what I see true or am I just seeing things. What should I tell my doctor when I go back home to speak to him about my concerns.

Nasal asymmetry after rhinoplasty

+3

I notice the asymmetry of the nose in the pictures that you provided. I suggest you address all your concerns with your surgeon once you return to CA. However, revision rhinoplasty is generally a more challenging operation and I encourage you to seek an expert in revision rhinoplasty if you contemplate another operation.

Undesirable Rhinoplasty Outcome in California

+1
I would exactly agree with the term 'botched' nose job, however, you are not seeing things. There are some issues regarding symmetry as seen in the photo provided. My advice is to approach your rhinoplasty surgeon with your concerns and discuss matters openly. Hopefully he/she has the confidence and technical ability to further reshape the nose. Good luck.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unwanted results after rhinoplasty

+1

Unfortunately, not all rhinoplasty patients will obtain the results they desire.  You do appear to have a concavity on the right side of your nose and tip.  Talk to your original surgeon to see what options you have for a revision.  Make sure however that your surgeon is very experienced in revision rhinoplasty, because revision rhinoplasty is a much more difficult than primary rhinoplasty.  Review before and after photos from your surgeon for patients with similar issues as you.  If you need more information, I would be happy to speak with you or evaluate you.  Good luck! 

Thomas T. Le, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose after rhinoplasty

+1

It does appear in the photos that you provided there is some asymmetry to your nose especially the tip region. Unfortunately, even in the best of hands, not everyone heals perfrectly and revision surgery may be necessary. I would encourage you to discuss your concerns with your surgeon and see what options are available to you. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post rhinoplasty

+1

Your photos definitely show asymmetry.  Are you having any breathing problems?  You should discuss your result with your surgeon and make sure he feels comfortable doing revision rhinoplasty.  Donald R. Nunn MD Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Crooked nose after rhinoplasty

+1

From the photos you've submitted I agree that there are some asymmetries and contour irregularities to your nose. It's hard to fully assess things with limited views of your nose and without an in-person exam, but it is certainly reasonable to discuss your specific concerns with your surgeon.

If you're not satisfied with that discussion you could seek further opinions from additional surgeons, though I would strongly recommend finding someone who has extensive revision rhinoplasty experience.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Recommending a revision rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Monica with rhinoplasty question from Boston,
From limited view of your nasal pictures, it appears that your dorsal nasal septum is deviated to the left causing asymmetry also known as a crooked nose. This also has caused your nasal tip to look more bulky on the right side. Since it has been 4 years since your initial surgery, I would recommend a revision rhinoplasty. If you wish to know an expert revision rhinoplasty surgeon in your area, please let me know and I would recommend one to you. Good luck. Dr. Kevin Sadati 

Kevin Sadati, DO

Nose job crooked and what to say to your physician

+1

Dear Monica,

It does appear that your nasal tip is deviated to the left with a twist to the base of your collumella to the right.  There is an irregularity that is currently visible.  A full physical exam is needed to determine the available procedures that can be used to in order to improve the results.   As to what to say to your surgeon?  You just did it here.   Discuss your concerns about the appearance and your worries.  He/she will surely be open to hear your concerns and discuss the options available to amend them.

Ernesto Hayn, MD

Nasal Tip Irregularities After Rhinoplasty

+1

I have reviewed your pictures.  Unfortunately the pictures do not provide all vantage points needed to evaluate the nose, but from your concerns I agree that the nose is crooked (twist to the right) and that an indentation exists along the right side of the nasal tip.  The twist that has occur ed can be from a number of causes including deviation of the nasal septum, irregular postoperative scarring, or collapse of the nasal cartilage from aggressive removal in the prior surgery.  Preoperative pictures would be helpful.  Also, the indentation on the right side of the tip appears to be due to cartilage collapse.  All of these issues can be addressed with cartilage grafting in a revisional procedure, which would also include straightening the septum if it is in fact deviated.  I suggest getting a thorough exam from an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon... Good Luck   Dr. Corrado

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

You should consult an experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist to improve the appearance of your nose.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos. The base of your nose appears to veer to your right, and you appear to have an asymmetrical tip with an indentation above your tip on your right side. It's possible that some of your concerns could be addressed by a well-performed non-surgical rhinoplasty procedure using Injectable Fillers. I cannot be sure without seeing a profile photo.

My hunch is that you may have a hanging columella and excessive curvature of your columella that would require expert surgery to correct. Please feel free to post a profile and 3/4 view of your nose, and I'll be happy to share my thoughts with you.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon