Advice to natural chang on my nose? (photo)

I'm interested in getting Rhinoplasty as my nose is a little bit too big for my liking and nose different shape on each side of profile . I just want a little bit more refined , not a massive overhaul. I want a little change in size. Is this possible to achieve without looking fake or done? Also what should I look for in choosing a surgeon ?. I'd like other people's opinions though. Tell me what you think!

Natural appearing rhinoplasty

+2

It is very important when performing a rhinoplasty that the end result look quite natural, and not operated upon. Maneuvers that can be performed on the nose include narrowing tip with tip suturing techniques, removal of cartilage from the tip and osteotomies to narrow the nasal bridge line. Thick skin will be a significant limitation to tip refinement. For many examples, please see the link below to our rhinoplasty photo gallery

Natural Change of a Nose?

+2

Improving the cosmetic appearance of the nose by making it a little smaller and refining its shape, yet having the result look natural, is a frequent request from patients seeking a rhinoplasty.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to achieve a natural looking nose.

+2

Rhinoplasty to achieve a natural looking nose can be done if u choose a surgeon who does natural not done looking noses.

Advice to natural change on my nose?

+2

I think that your goals are attainable and seem reasonable.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Nose refinement

+2

I think you can accomplish what you want. In my office after examining you I would take your photos andmake changes to your nose untli we find the images that you like. Then, assuming the post op nose you have picked is realistic, I would fully inform you as to what I would be doing to accomplish that result recognizing that no one can guarantee results.

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon