Does Anyone Have Advice for Wearing Ski Goggles After Closed Reduction of Nasal Fracture?

I am looking for any suggestions on ski goggles or alternatives to resume skiing. I figure the goggles might be uncomfortable.

Ski Goggles after Reduction of Nasal Fractures

+1

I instruct my rhinoplasty patients to avoid resting glasses on their noses for 6 weeks after a rhinoplasty, especially if there is a risk of nasal trauma secondary to activities like skiing.

Nasal fracture and ski googles

+1

When I perform rhinoplasty, I have patients tape theri glasses to their forehead so that no pressure is put o nthe nose.  Goggles are tough./ I would hold off fro 4-6 weeks.

Wearing Ski goggles or glasses after broken nose

+1

Dear Michael

It certainly depends on how long ago you had the procedure and/or fracture, and you should discuss with your surgeon.

One option would be to replace the plastic cast you had after surgery under the goggles to distribute the pressure away from the nose.  If you are in the first 6 weeks, avoid undue pressure on the nasal bones. 

Best Wishes

Web reference: http://drtravistollefson.com

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon