Advice for Breaslift Plus Augmentation- Which Technique Is Right For Me? (photo)

I'm a 36C. My plan is to have a breast augmentatin with silicone implants to increase my bust size to a 36D. I want a breast lift but don't want the vertical scars. Would a cresent or donut lift give me enough (1 to 2 cm) lift with the implants? In my most recent consultation, the surgeon said my sag is 2.5 centimeters. Thanks for your advice!

Breast Lift or Not

+2

With your photos, I think you will get a nice looking breast with implants using a dual plane technique and you can avoid the scar you are worried about. You will always have lower breasts due to your anatomy but start with the augment for now and sometime down the road if a lift becomes more necessary you can think about it then.

TYPE OF BREAST LIFT

+2

Thanks for the photos, they are very helpful.  It appears that your nipple is at or just below the breast crease.  I would not recommend a lift.  I think you would do well with a subfascial or dual plane augmentation.  Even though you have a wide frame, I would consider a high profile implant to give you a more lifted appearance.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Need wide implant to fill base diameter of the breast

+2

It is difficult to know for sure if you actually need a breast lift or if an implant alone would give you enough lift or improvement.  Looking at your photos you have a very wide breast and you will need a wide implant to fill your breast base diameter.  In my experience a breast, such as yours will require a sizable implant in the 450 to 500 cc range possible and most of that volume is going to be taken up filling in the base of the breast.   From the frontal view you can see your entire nipple and areola as well as some breast skin below the areola.  In my experience most breasts with this appearance will do fine with only an augmentation.  You may discuss with your surgeon the use of a dual plane.   

Breast Lift with Augmentation

+1

Theresa the photos you sent indicate a nipple position above the fold under your breast. If that is true then an augmentation with periareolar lift  would be appropriate if you are trying to avoid the scar on the front of the breast. A periareolar lift is not really a "donut" of skin removed but an asymmetric egg-shaped removal of skin to reposition the nipple and areola. If the necessary elevation is equal to or less than 2 cm. then I believe that this is an appropriate procedure. Any greater distance would require a more extensive breast lift procedure. Hopefully this information helps!

Douglas Leppink, M.D.
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Doughnut lift for a modest small lift

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos. Yes, you could opt for the 'donut' lift around the nipple instead of a vertical scar.  This technique is very limited in the amount of skin that can be removed and may not give you as much lift as you want.  The vertical technique is more powerful in achieving a noticable lift.  It all depends on what you want the final result to look like weighed against the insicisions/scars that you would need to achieve the desired lift.  if you are okay with your breasts being a little bit lower, then you can opt out of the vertical portion. However, do not expect to be high and perky. That would be unrealisitic. Your call. To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation/Mastopexy?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

The operation that I would recommend for you will depend greatly on your goals;  generally, I asked patients to demonstrate their goals to me in front of a full-length mirror and with the help of “goal” pictures.

Keeping in mind,  that the best operation for you ( to achieve longer-term breast lifting and fullness etc.) is a breast augmentation with a vertical mastopexy,  a breast augmentation alone can be done at this time. Breast lifting  can be done at a 2nd stage.

Keep in mind also that no surgeon can promise specific cup size ( for example D  cup)  so I suggest you not base  your level of satisfaction with the results of surgery on cup size.

Breast Lift without Vertical Scar Provides Aesthetic Improvement

+1

I agree with you Theresa, you need a lift.  A donut lift would not be adequate and a vertical scar is certainly not attractive. There is a new technique that's called the Ultimate Breast Lift and it can be done without a vertical scar.  The advantage of this technique is it creates upper breast fullness using your own tissue and NO implants are required.  The goal of plastic surgery is to make your breasts more attractive, not necessarily to increase your size. A higher breast will always appear fuller/bigger and younger. A lift only using this new technique may satisfy your needs without implants. Implants eventually stretch  tissues and speed the aging process in breasts.

Best Wishes.

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

+1

Great posted photos! I agree with most of the previous experts. Larger implant mod profile or MP + at 500 cc range. As stage 2 a donut lift if needed after 3 months of healing. 

Augmentation now, lift later

+1

The breast augmentation will give you volume and some lift to breast. The crescent lift is very weak on the scale of effective procedures to raise the nipple, and the donut lift is prone to relapse with later stretch of the nipple due to pressure from the implant. My vote would be to avoid the scar, enjoy the implants, and consider a lift later.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

You may get implants first with the understanding that you will need lift later

+1

You breast tissue is low and touching the chest wall. If you want to be bigger and would be OK with the low setting breast tissue, breast augmentation with implants will help you. The add weight of the implants will sag your breast more and you will need full lift later.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon