Advice on body contouring for minimal amount of medial thigh fat removal? (photo)

Hello! I am a petite 26-year old female in good health, approx 118 lbs and 5'3" tall. I am in moderately good shape, but have stubborn areas of fat on each of my medial posterior thighs just below the buttock. I would happy with a circumferential reduction of this area by just 1 or 2 inches. However, I am also apprehensive about any procedure requiring GA (I'm an ICU RN). I would greatly prefer to reduce risk, but don't wish to waste money on noninvasive techniques with little efficacy.

Thigh liposuction

+1

Most 26 year old healthy females have a better shape than you give yourself credit for. Liposuction can be the answer for isolated areas of stubborn fat deposits. One or maybe two areas of liposuction can be done without general anesthesia by a technique called tumescent anesthesia. This is also helped by valium or equivalent.

The thigh is amenable to liposuction to reduce the circumference if fat, and not bone or muscle, is the cause of the excess volume. Care must be taken as the upper posterior thigh helps support the buttock, but medial (inner) and outer do not. if the support is lost or excess skin develops that has not retracted well, then the skin can be left behind which is difficult to tighten except by removal of that skin.

In the right person, understanding their desire, the excess skin can be excised with acceptable results, but still a scar that can be hidden with the right clothing options. This included removal of the banana roll of the upper posterior thigh.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Advice on body contouring for minimal amount of medial thigh fat removal?

+1

Smaller areas like the medial thighs can be performed under local or local with sedation.

Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Thigh liposuction

+1

Thanks for your pictures and question. You look like a great candidate for limited liposuction of a small area. Since it is a small area that is being treated, the procedure can easily be done under local anesthesia with some oral sedation. Meet with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

Liposuction under Local Anesthesia for Inner Thigh Fat

+1

Liposuction would be the most efficient and effective method of fat removal for your inner thigh areas. But given their small size, this could be done under local anesthesia if you were so motivated. While Coolsculpting or Exilis would produce some positive reductive changes, it would not be as much nor as fast as with microcannula liposuction.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Inner thigh fat

+1

The fat in your inner thighs is small enough for an in-office liposuction.

The procedure requires oral sedation and a ride home but not general anesthesia.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Avoiding the surgical option for isolated fat

+1
  1. You look like a great candidate for cool sculpting. No needles, great results. You have isolated fat in your inner thighs. This is less expensive than surgery and you look like you can avoid anything interventional. Exilis is a secondary option, but I believe cool sculpt would work better.

David Janssen, MD, FACS
Oshkosh Plastic Surgeon

Medial thigh contouring

+1

I like to perform smart laser liposuction to the medial thighs. I find that the laser energy adds a small but helpful amount of skin tightening. This procedure can be performed comfortably and safely under iv sedation performed by an anesthesiologist.

Cheers, Dr Shifrin

David Shifrin, MD

Liposuction of the medial thighs

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos. It appears that the collection of fat in the areas of the medial, lateral and posterior thighs would best be removed by liposuction. This can be achieved under local anesthetic with sedation.

Non surgical procedures only affect the overlying skin but don't actually remove fat so they won't be helpful in achieving your goals.

Dr. Khuthaila

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

​Stubborn Medial Thigh Fat – Liposuction vs. Non-Surgical Option

+1

The medial thigh is an area where many women have a stubborn fat deposit. The area you are concerned about can definitely be treated with medial thigh liposuction. I prefer to do larger liposuction cases under general anesthesia, but smaller areas can be successfully treated with local and intravenous sedation.

Depending upon the amount of fat located in this area, Liposonix may be a non-surgical option for you. Liposonix successfully uses high intensity focused ultrasound to kill fat cells in targeted areas. This treatment removes fat and improves the circumference of the abdomen and thigh. Your medial thigh area would need to be examined before a decision could be made if Liposonix was an appropriate treatment option.

You should consult with a plastic surgeon to discuss your treatment options.

Best wishes, Ken Dembny

Kenneth Dembny, II, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Medial thigh fat removal.

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

It appears as though you would be an excellent candidate for inner thigh liposuction. You do not have to have general anesthesia for this procedure. I perform hundreds of these procedures in my fully accredited facility under local anesthesia. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.

Best of luck to you

David Cangello, MD