Suggestions for Bulbous, Upturned Asian Nose? (photo)

I am really keen for an rhinoplasty . I have a bulbous nose with thick skin and slightly upturned tip. However , I have consult with a few surgeon their suggestions was placing implant on bridge and cartilage graft for tip but none mention about thinning the fatty tissue in the skin. Pls give me More advice and suggestion

+2

Most experienced plastic surgeons would prefer using autologous bone and cartilage for nasal surgery.  Implants in the nose have a high rejection and infection rate.  The reason they are so popular in the orient is because they are fairly simple to insert.  However, as you have mentioned your main problem is thickness of the tip skin and that cannot be "thinned out" surgically.  Whether a tip cartilage graft will give you more tip definition is unpredictable.  Just make sure you are under the care of a board-certified plastic surgeon who has expertise in Asian noses and can show you convincing sample photos, because your type of nose is often better left alone.

Asian Rhinoplasty –

+1

The Asian rhinoplasty usually requires augmentation on the dorsum and tip as well as alar base resections, possibly using the patient’s own cartilage either from the septum and/or rib which requires the expertise of an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon with a considerable depth of knowledge and expertise in the management of the ethnic nose.

Tip refinement and dorsal augmentation during Asian rhinoplasty

+1
I think building the bridge of your nose and refining the tip by reducing its width and some of its bulbosity will help to give you a more balanced and attractive nose.  I would recommend using grafts only made from your own tissue as foreign implants have a higher rate of complications, and are rarely a permanent solution.
You have goo tip projection, so matching that projection by building up your bridge will improve your profile and make your nose appear more narrow from frontal view.  The tip can be refined by projecting it, removing some of the excess cartilage and supporting the rest, and conservatively removing fatty tissue (nasal SMAS).  

Web reference: http://www.donyoomd.com/blog/2013/11/19/silicone-implants-popular-asian-rhinoplasty-downsides/

Rhinoplasty questions

+1

Any surgeons use a silicone implant to augment the nasal bridge, but reasonably, I think they look weird. You can definitely get some tip refinement with simple rhinoplasty techniques. The toughest thing will be to try and lengthen your turned up tip. That is very difficult to achieve reliably.

Web reference: http://edelsonplastic.com/face/rhinoplasty/

Bulbous Upturned Asian Nose

+1

Your bridge can be augmented to provide more projection and grafts placed in the bulbous tip to increase the length of your nose and improve tip definition. Fat can be removed deep in the skin but this does not make a dramatic difference. For the past 35 years I've always recommended that we avoid silicone implants because of the increased risk of infection and movement or extrusion of these implants. I prefer to use the patient's own cartilage.

How you can treat your bulbous, upturned nose with Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

There are a few ways of achieving the look you seem to want. I prefer using cartilage grafting to augment the bridge, but silicone or gortex are other ways of raising the height of the dorsum.

It is also possible to lessen the upturned nature of your tip. At the same time it is often possible to defat some of the soft tissue of the tip to make the nose "thinner" as it were.

After examining your nose your surgeon should be able to perform digital morphing with you to come up with a plan on what can be done during your rhinoplasty.

You can read more about Asian rhinoplasty at my web reference link below.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyinseattle.com/rhinoplasty-treatments/ethnic-rhinoplasty

Suggestions for Bulbous, Upturned Asian Nose?

+1

There are several techniques available to treat your nose. Because the tip is over rotated, a caudal extension graft may be used in conjuction with a tip graft to improve overall tip dynamics. Additionally, the fibrofatty tissue in your nasal tip can be used as pedicled graft to further augment your dorsum. What does all that mean? You can extend the length of your nose with a cartilage graft attached to the septum. You can imrpove tip definition with the tip graft. And during the dissection of the tip, the fibrofatty pad can be turned around and used with another graft to improve the height of the bridge.

Reston Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

The fatty tissue can certainly be thinned along with performing the other modifications.  I often let the patient select the implant vs the cartilage approach.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Thinning the nose

+1

There are a few components to your surgery:

1. Adding projection to your bridge - I prefer cartilage over an implant
  2. Adding tip support - again using cartilage grafts
  3. Thinning the fatty tissue over the tip

Web reference: http://seattlerhinoplasty.com/html/index.php

Asian rhinoplasty

+1

A graft on your bridge using your own tissue is best and very feasible.  The tip can be dropped and thinned.  The exact amount of thinning is based on the thickness of your skin.  This can be answered better after an examination.  Make sure you seek out a board-certified Facial Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes.

Web reference: http://facialinstitute.com