What Adverse Effect Can Refractional Co2 Laser, for the Face, Have on Dental Implants and Crowns?

what adverse effect can refractionl co2 laser on face can have on dental implants and fixed porceline crowns

Fractional Laser Treatment After Dental Implant

+1

There are no contraindications to laser skin resurfacing after a dental implant.  This goes for regular CO2 laser and chemical peels as well.  As a matter of fact there are almost no containdications for facial cosmetic procedures after a dental implant.  Aas a board certified dual degree oral & maxillofacial surgeon I often combine the dental implant procedures along with facial cosmetic procedures for a true facial and smile rejuvenation

Phoenix Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

CO2 Laser Resurfacing

+1

Laser Resurfacing is my gold standard to remove wrinkles and it works! Fractional CO2 is a step down and gives variable results depending on the manufacturer, energy level and skill of the surgeon. I have many patients who crossover from the dental side of my practice to the facial cosmetic side and so have a lot of experience in this area.

There are NO side effects to have a skin procedure on your dental implants or dental work. I even use my laser to contour the oral soft tissue when needed and this also has no ill effects.

Bernard Ian Krupp, DDS
Baltimore Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Fractional CO2 laser for face treatment

+1

Fractional CO2 laser applied to the skin of the face has no effect on the intra-oral tissue, gum, teeth, dental implants or crowns. There is no research that shows any possible side effects on intra-oral implants or crowns.

Olga Kharevich, DMD, PhD (in memoriam)
Miami Cosmetic Dentist

Is there any contra indication to having facial laser and implants

+1

No documented contra- indication up to now has been observed.  .Implants are titanium posts embedded in the bone. It is as if you had metal crowns, metal fillings.

Soheyla Marzvaan, DDS
Orange County Cosmetic Dentist

No known adverse reaction to dental restorations

+1

Agree, I am not aware of any side effects of Co2 laser to the teeth, implants or any other dental restorations such as crowns and fillings.

Hema Patel, DDS
Fremont Cosmetic Dentist

Effects of facial laser treatment on Dental Implants and Prosthesis.

+1

There is no documented interaction between facial laser treatments like Fraxel and dental restorations and dental implants.   Hope this helps.

Dan Hagi, DDS
Toronto Cosmetic Dentist