Advantages of Ulthera to Thermage?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of Ulthera and Thermage? Are more doctors switching to Ulthera? What is the main reason?

Thermage® has proven safety and less pain

+2

Thermage and Ulthera are similar in their effects, one using radiofrequency and the other using ultraound to stimulate collagen. Ulthera is a new technology and some doctors want to be at the forefront of the latest trends, though it is reportedly quite painful. Thermage has been around for many years and has significantly improved its latest version Thermage CPT( Comfort Pulse Technology). Now it is a much more comfortable treatment with better results than ever and zero downtime. Most laser technologies take a few years to work out the kinks and reach full potential. Thermage has the advantage of objectively providing results with proven safety.

Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

Ulthera vs Thermage vs nothing at all

+2

The phrase "buyer beware" comes to mind when considering any of the highly advertised non-surgical skin tightening treatments out there.  The results are minimal at best, and non-existenent in many patients.  The unsuspecting patient consumer needs to very carefully evaluate the benefits of these treatments vs the cost and ask if it is really worth it. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Ulthera is the Best Non-Surgical Procedure for Lifting and Tightening the Skin of the Face, Neck, and Eyebrows

+1

Hi A,

Interesting question.  Ulthera uses microfocused ultrasound energy to lift and tighten the skin of the face, neck, and eyebrows.  It is the only technology FDA approved to do so.  The major advantage of Ulthera over Thermage is patient satisfaction.  I have followed Thermage since before it came out in the marketplace, have demo'ed it on many patients over the years, and have spoken to numbers of patients.  Unfortunately, I found no effect with Thermage in the patients that I treated and the majority of patients treated worldwide report that they are dissatisfied with their results.

More doctors are switching to Ulthera because it works, and patient satisfaction is high.  As with any procedure, patients need to be selected properly, realistic expectations need to be discussed, and the procedure needs to be performed properly.  Please watch the video and look at the web reference below.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Thermage vs. Ultherapy

+1

Thermage has been around for much longer than Ulthera, but even with new advanced CPT technology, I have already found that the Ulthera, known to penetrate deeper than thermage, has provided patients, in general,  greater satisfaction.  This comes from the mouths of patients who have had both. On RealSelf.com patients have self-rated Ulthera with an 89% satsifaction rate vs. below 50% with Thermage.

I do know of many doctors who have virtually replaced their facial Thermage treatments with Ulthera. Of course, being newer, we are still learning as to how to best treat our patients with Ulthera.  For the body, at this time, until other transducers are developed, I like the Theramage for the body better than ultherapy as the former is more effective with a larger surface area being treated.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Ulthera and Thermage: both effective

+1

Ulthera and Thermage can both provide a certain amount of skin tightening and/or lifting for the right candidate.  While Ulthera uses ultrasound technology, Thermage uses radiofrequency to achieve a similar result.  Uthera is the new kid on the block and a number of doctors are using it with great satisfaction; Thermage has been in the American market longer and its newest incarnation can provide solid results with less pain. It's best to have a consultation with a medical professional who can evaluate your particular needs to help you objectively determine what's best for you, discussing all the pros and cons.

Ava Shamban, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Ulthera goes deeper to allow for more accurate skin tightening

+1

Ulthera’s effect is deeper than Thermage. It allows a more accurate skin tightening, The results appear to be about twice as good as Thermage.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon