Is it too early to tell if I need a revision or not?

I had upper eyelid ptosis surgery April 16th, that surgery sadly failed. I then had a repeat surgery on the 25th of June. I went in on the 30th to get my stitches removed and the dr said that I need a 3rd procedure. Isnt it too early to tell? She has 30+ years experiance, but im questioning if this is right or not. Will my eye lift after healing? It is currently 2mm below the other eye!

Time to heal is probably a good thing

+1
and it allows your tissues to settle and swelling to resolve and you can then get a better idea if more surgery is needed.  It would have been helpful to know exactly what your experienced surgeon was talking about when mentioning more surgery.  So be patient, heal, then be critical of your results with your surgeon. Then you will know what needs to be done, if anything.

Ptosis revision revision?

+1
Is a too early to tell if I need a revision or not? The patient relates having had initial eyelid ptosis surgery approximately 4 months ago which was revised approximately 2 weeks ago. No photograph is available. The patient notes one eyelid is lower than the other. A surgeon with 30 years experience doing blepharoplasties probably can predict if additional surgery might be needed. I would certainly encourage another opinion since the surgeon has done two surgeries already. Normally I would suggest waiting 6 weeks or longer following a surgery however to make a judgment.

Richard O. Gregory, MD

Might be time for a second opinion.

+1
A very famous oculoplastic surgeon once said "ptosis surgery is hell."  Often early intervention is warranted.  However generally it is better to let things heal for many months.  This is a good time to get some second opinions.