Will Adomnioplasty Really Work for Me?

I'm 21, and I know that sounds pretty young for a tummy tuck, but a few years ago I lost about 85-90 pounds (I was a big kid...). While I should be really proud, I'm still disappointed because, since I lost it very fast, I have way too much loose skin. I don't plan in having kids and I want to finally be proud of my body.

Tummy tuck after weight loss.

+1

Yes, you should be proud of your tremendous accomplishment of 90 lb weight loss! The remaining skin is always an unpleasant reminder of the old you and should be amenable to removal. Consult with a plastic surgeon with a good reputation and much experience to address your issues and make you appear externally the way you should feel internally. Congratulations and good luck.

Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

+1

Congrats on losing the weight.  That is so wonderful.  You would need to be examined you could be told wether you were a candiidate for surgery.  I totally understand the desire for a better body considering all you have achieved. 

Kari L. Colen, MD

Pictures help determine what your abdomin needs.

+1

Your stiry is good and that much weight loss is quite an achievement.In all likelihood an abdominoplasty would help you and it would be appropriate however without pictures it is difficult to say what would be best except that you should consult with a Board certified Plastic Surgeon. 

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Candidate?

+1

Congratulations on your significant weight loss; you should be proud of this accomplishment. However, I do understand your concern about the remaining “loose skin"  and your desire to undergo tummy tuck surgery. Based on your description of your physical examination (assuming you have achieved a long-term stable weight) and the fact that you are not planning on having children, you may be an excellent candidate for the tummy tuck procedure.

I would suggest in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Tummy tuck after weight loss

+1

If you carried your weight for a long time, then even at age 21, skin laxity might be a problem for you. You should have more than one consultation for tummy tuck, and be careful about understanding the scars and trade-offs.

Tummy tuck at age 21??

+1

No one can give a great answer without at least a photo, let alone an examination. Stating that, many patients who lose as much weight as you have do wind up with a lot of excess skin and the best treatment for that is generally a tummy tuck. 

The speed with which you lost your weight did not contribute to the amount of skin excess. The elasticity of your skin was damaged beyond its capability to retract. 

Do see a plastic surgeon and complete your transformation!  Your age will work in your favor.

Tummy Tuck Candidate

+1

Based on your description, you seem to be a candidate for a tummy tuck. Consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck After Weight Loss

+1

With your amount of weight loss and description of 'loose skin', it is hard to imagine that you wouldn't benefit from some type of tummy tuck procedure. This will be the only way to get of any loose skin after this much weight loss. It is merely a question of how the tummy tuck excision pattern would be designed and what your tolerance of scars is. You would need to submit photos for any more definitive answers.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Seek a consultation for tummy tuck and then decide.

+1

I can't answer your question without photos.  I don't know if you are a candidate for tummy tuck.  In case you change your mind one day about children, you may want to consider a tummy tuck without muscle tightening.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS