Adnexol Carcinoma- What Would Happen if Left Untreated?

It seems as though everyone on this forum has BCC; I had Mohs for adnexol carcinoma. It was very traumatic, and I am extremely self-conscious of the scar. I had the little lump on my face for 14 years, and nobody had diagnosed it! What would have happened if I had just left it there? I understand that it is very slow growing. Will I have more? I don't want to go through this again.

Microcystic adnexal carcinoma and Mohs

+1

Microcystic adnexal carcinoma is a relatively rare skin cancer that is often invasive and extensive and that is frequently accompanied by perineural invasion, which refers to cancer spreading to the space surrounding a nerve. If you had left it untreated, most likely the roots of the cancer would have spread into deeper layers - it could have looked small and the same on the surface, but very large, deep, and extensive underneath. Additionally, the type of cancer you had could have gone into the nerves and affected those as well.

It is INSANELY important that you wear your sunscreen every day and try to minimize long-term exposure to the sun. With Mohs, the cancer in that spot is removed, but you can be prone, yes, to developing cancers in other areas if you are not careful with your skin and exposure. You need to have a thorough skin check yearly and watch any sites on your skin that change or grow or develop.

For your scar, there are treatments that can minimize it - like a scar revision or Cutera Laser Genesis if it is red or bumpy at all.