How Often Can I Administer a Jessner Peel at Home?

I went to a spa and had a Jessner Peel. I did not get all the peeling they said I would. They told me after the third day if I did not have much peeling I could go back in for a thicker layer, I did not have the peeling expected but, was not able to go back in due to an emergency. I am interested in trying the at home kit but, read that you need to do at least 6 treatments to get better results. How long should I wait before treatments if I decide to do that at home tx. Thanks

Jessner's peels are not for at home use

+1

Just because you didn't get the amount of peeling you expected after a chemical peel doesn't mean that the peel did not work.  Peeling varies from peel to peel.  This also does not mean that it is safe to do a Jessner's peel yourself.  Administration of a Jessner's peel generally requires a professional license.  Reputable companies that sell theses peels require purchasers to provide a license before they will sell them the peeling agents.  Sometimes patients are able to get the peels illegally on the internet.  This does not mean that is is safe to do this type of peel at home of you are untrained and unlicensed.  Do you know the risks of doing the peel?  Do you know how to manage the potential complication?  It is adviseable that you get a peel of this strength from a professional.

At Home Jessner Peel?

+1

Thank you for your question. The at-home treatment probably is not as aggressive and may require more treatments. Depending upon your skin type, repeating Jessner peels can be done from 4-8 weeks.  I can't comment on your at home kit since I'm not sure what's in there.  It should have instructions for you to follow. I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist