Can You Administer Dermal Filler While Getting Surgery?

If i get a browlift and a facelift and want restylane instead of fat transfer, is this possible during surgery? How about botox as well?

Restylane and botox are fine to get during your facelift surgery.

+2

Fillers such as restylane and also getting botox is fine to do while getting a facelift.  I don't like the excessive swelling of fat injections nor the bumpiness after 6 months that it leaves when it goes away.  We are about 5 yrs away  from getting real stem cells to use for fillers.  But until then use what your doc recommends. Good Luck,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Injectable Filler procedures are best performed while you're awake and upright.

+1

I read your question, and I'm not sure where you would like the Restylane to be injected during your facial surgery. I use Injectable Fillers near the time of facial rejuvenation surgery since they usually address different issues. Fillers are good for minimizing wrinkles and restoring volume, and delicate procedures like this are best performed while you're upright and awake. Topical anesthetic will render most Injectablr Filler procedures painless.

All the best from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers and surgery

+1

While having a facelift, it is certainly possible to ahve facial fillers at the same time.  This can be done with permanent fillers like autologous fat or with absorbable ones like the HA's.

Fillers during surgery?

+1

Yes, you certainly may have fillers (and even Botox or Dysport) injected during surgery. That wouldn't be a problem at all.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Fillers vs. autologous fat

+1

Of course those are possible. If you have the fat and are under general anesthesia I am curious why you would prefer restylane over a fat transfer. If the amount of fat transferred is small most surgeons would not even charge extra for it. Every surgeon will at least charge you for the restylane syringe. The restylane is temporary no matter how good the result is. Whatever fat survives the transfer will be there forever.

Aaron Stone, MD