Laser Resurfacing for Rosacea, Sun Damage and Wrinkles?

A dermatologist wants to do laser resurfacing for Rosecea-says other resurfacing wont remove spider veins. I'm 62-sun damage and wrinkles-what would be best for me?

Laser for rosacea

+1

I perform a significant amount of V-beam laser treatments for Rosacea redness but I don't call this resurfacing. Resurfacing with Fraxel or other lasers may help fine lines and sun damage, but won't necessarily help reduce the capillary blood vessels of rosacea in the skin.

Vbeam perfecta is the gold standard for facial vessels

+1

If you want to address rosacea, the Vbeam perfecta is the best laser for this.  For wrinkles and sundamage, fractional resurfacing, possibly in combo with CO2/erbium resurfacing is the best.  If you have lots of brown spots, I would use a q-switched alex laser as well.  All five of these lasers used together in one treatment session will give you everything you want.  See some of my before and after photos for examples of patients treatment in this manner.  Take care, Dr. Groff

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist