Missed Post Op Tummy Tuck Appt in October? (photo)

I had my last post op apptt in Aug, I was suppose to go back Oct/Nov & missed that appt. During this time I have experienced issues not with the surgery but w/medications & weight gain. I have lost all the weight gained & am once again below pre surgry weight(though I am ashamed at the weight gain). I am starting to notice areas that I saw before but thought it was healing still that I am not happy with. Would it be wrong to call and make an appointment or should I just call it good.

Missed some post-op tummy tuck follow-ups and have concerns

+1

It is highly likely that your plastic surgeon would be very happy to see you in follow-up even though you did miss your earlier appointment. You are definitely no alone in this occurrence. So call him/her for follow-up.

During your visit, you should share with your plastic surgeon the weight fluctuations that you experienced. Voice any concerns that you have about your present situation and see how this goes.

Good luck!

Missed Post Op Tummy Tuck Appt

+1

By all means you should call and make an appointment. Review the weight changes and the current healing situation, and your surgeon will either reassure you that all is well, or, if not, offer a treatment plan. 

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Missed appointments.

+1

You should ALWAYS feel welcome for an appointment even if you missed some. CALL your doctor to set up. But best NOT to miss again. 

Weight Gain and Loss after Tummy Tuck

+1

The weight gain and loss after tummy tuck may compromise results to some extent, but going back to your plastic surgeon can be therapeutic.  If nothing else, reassurance and peace of mind is worth alot.

Tummy tuck follow up

+1

It sounds like you are not satisfied with the results.  I would call my surgeon if I were you and schedule a follow up appointment.  Your concerns may or may not be fixable in their opinion but it is worth a try.  Be sure to be honest about your weight changes.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Post op concerns

+1

Most surgeons want to both follow their patients and address any concerns that they may have. So please set up another appointment with your doctor. And although you may not be pleased that you gained and lost weight after surgery, it is not that uncommon and nothing to be ashamed of. Good luck to you.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

If you have any concern in regards to your surgery, talking to the Doctor that performed that surgery should be the best person to advice you.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Missed Post Op Tummy Tuck Appt in October?

+1

You should always go back to see your surgeon and let him evaluate your circumstances.  There may be something minmal that can be done or at the very least he can see a postop view from his procedure.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Missed Appointment

+1

If your plastic surgeon is like most surgeons, he or she would like to see you and know how you are doing. I would make the appointment.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck

+1

Go back to see your surgeon, and see what he says. It may be something easily treated, or something more involved. Realize if more surgery is needed you may have to pay for it, but you should talk to your surgeon.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon