Is This Normal? Upper Eyelid Surgery Results 4 Weeks Post-op (photos)

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions I had upper eyelid surgery 4 weeks ago. I notice that my eyelids are still baggy especially in the corner. Do you think this is how I sold expect my surgery to have ended up?

Bleph Looks Great!

+2

Thanks for asking. Your upper eyelids look normal one month after surgery. Keep up with your icing protocol, avoid excessive sun exposure and give it some time. The redness that is anxiety provoking will go away. Congrats on your transformation.

Recovery after upper eyelid blepharoplasty surgery

+1

After any surgery, different patients heal at different rates. After having upper eyelid blepharoplasty, it is not uncommon to have residual skin and fullness until all of the swelling and bruising has resolved. 4 weeks is still relatively early in the healing process. Other factors that can be the source of residual skin and fullness may be related to coincidental forehead or brow ptosis (sagging).

Upper eyelids after one month

+1

It is quite common to have residual swelling of the upper eyelids 4 weeks after surgery.  Give it more time to heal. Good luck.

Swelling after eyelid surgery

+1

Swelling after upper eyelid surgery (upper blepharoplasty) can persist for several weeks with most of the swelling gone by 10-12 weeks.  Gentle massage can help hasten the resolution of the swelling.  Be sure to stay in touch with your doctor with any concerns.

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelids take time to heal

+1

From your photos you are still bruised and swollen. There does not appear to be any error made. You should address your concerns with your surgeon and wait a minimum of three months prior to making a final judgement.

Remember, it is far better to have a little too much fullness after surgery rather than an over corrected eyelid which can cause serious eye problems and can be difficult to correct.

Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Early Upper Blepharoplasty Results

+1

While there is no before surgery pictures to compare the change, it appears the upper eyelid skin removal was fairly conservative which may have been appropriate given the natural anatomy of your eyelids. Give it a full three months before passing final judgment on the results.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

4 weeks is still so very early.

+1

Your photos are not really the best for evaluating the result.  Bottom line is that in the before photo you have a great deal of brow ptosis and a compensatory muscular brow lift.  In the after photo, your brow has now a relaxed appearance.  This will cause a slight fall in the eyebrow position but overall can make for a relaxed look.  Do you need more skin removed or a forehead lift?  It is best to be patient and discuss the overall result with a couple of more months of healing.

Appearance post upper eyelid surgery

+1

The question I think involves how your eyelids look 4 weeks post op. I could not get a good evaluation from the included photos,but my experience is that there is some definate swelling along the upper lid incision line. The suture material that I use,6-0 fast  absorbable plain gut, Is irritating to the skin and takes time (3 months) to really look good. Of course with your eyes open the scar is not visible , except in the lateral extension of the scao at the lateral corner of the eye. The inner eye swelling usually goes down also. Occasionally there will be a pouch from a little pocket of fat in the inner canthus,close to the nose. If this swelling stays a minor revision will improve that problem. Make up helps and can be worn after 10 days.

Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

Is This Normal? Upper Eyelid Surgery Results 4 Weeks Post-op

+1

Appears from the restricted view of posted photos the excision was very conservative. This is my limited opinion. 

Still early but...

+1

Your eyelids look very appropriate for this early after surgery. Furthermore the fullness that you are mentioning on the outer corners is not an eyelid issue: It is an eyebrow issue. You have very full eyebrows which is actually a sign of youth. In some patients, I might recommend a browlift to help with the fullness, but in your case, your actual eyebrow position is quite natural and raising them further would make the arch too dramatic, in my opinon.

Wait another couple months and I think as the residual swelling resolves, you will be happy with your result.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon